1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Help choosing case... (Silverstone FT02R-WI Limited Edition)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by V3ctor, 27 May 2010.

1. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

Hi! I want to exchange my CM690, I like the case, but I want more space and better cooling, I was thinking in one of these 2 cases.

Silverstone Fortress FT02 Limited Edition

Oficial Site (non special edition): http://www.silverstonetek.com/produc...?pno=FT02&area

http://cyberneo.info/2010/05/11/silv...ition-cassing/

[​IMG]

OR

Coolermaster Cosmos Pure Black

Oficial Site: http://www.coolermaster-europe.com/product.php?product_id=6600

[​IMG]

I'm more inclined on the Silverstone FT02, this special edition has the new Air Penetrator fans from Silverstone, and it seems that it's focused on air cooling and silence (because of all the foam in the panels.

Help me decide :)

Thanks in advance
    (and sorry if I made some English mistake :D not my native language)

Last edited: 27 May 2010
  2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

That Cosmos Black LE is very expensive!!!

3. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

Nop...

The Silverstone FT02 comes at 241€

The Cosmos Black comes at 230€

4. badman_mo007

badman_mo007 What's a Dremel?

I like the silverstone case, because its newer and the red and black looks awesome, but it looks like the coolermaster is more spacious.
    Those penetrator fans look really good, although you can always use nexus beam air 120mm fan addon on your own fans to get a similar effect, iv not personally tried them but seen some good reviews on them.

5. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

The Fortress looks damn fine but I haven't found a review of the new model (FT-02) yet. If the cooling performance is the same as the new Raven, which I expect it is, then it is a disapointment. I am hoping to be proven wrong on this as the case looks fantastic.

6. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

7. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

8. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Ive got a Cosmos S and while i love it, ive also been eying up the red/black LE FT02, I dont need a new case but i cant help wanting it!!

In other words- Get the FT02

9. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I've got the silver Cosmos, and I love it, currently planning a mod to turn it white, but that's besides the point, it's a really good case, and the plastic parts feel solid. Very solid! It can also be fairly quiet, although I've removed the GPU cooler thingy, so my GPU fan's running a bit faster.

Cable management can be a bit of a mare at times, you will need long PSU cables, and the cable routing holes at the top and the bottom are fairly pointless because of the locking bar on teh side panel, run cables over this, and well, you can't get the side panel on. You just need to get creative that's all. Hope this mini review helps :)

Also, how open are you to modding? Because a few cable holes cut out on the Cosmos would give you some awesome cable tidying prospects!!

10. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

I'm open on modding :D Just don't have time to do it... :) I've decided to buy the FT02 because of the bigger cooling properties (at least in theory), it has 3 fans for intake, when the Cosmos only has one.

11. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

get the one you'll enjoy looking at the most, otherwise its just going to bug you and you'll end up buying another one this time next year

12. AdamJackman

AdamJackman What's a Dremel?

Based purely on looks I would go for the fortress, but if it is going to be out of site the whole time, just pick which ever is best for the fitting your parts.

I would like to see a review of the cooling in the case before I made a choice personally.

13. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

14. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

I decided for the FT02R-WI (the red one) :D I like it, and I hope the cooling will be good...

I saw a small review about it, and it was cooler than the P182, so... It's good... I just hope it can hold on the noise :D

I saw that too... Basically the RV02 and the FT02 are equal, except for the exterior... I'll try to compare this case to my current case (Coolermaster 690), at least I may give an idea of the temperatures.

15. StephenK

StephenK Sneak 'em Upper

Both lovely cases. You'll enjoy the Fortress (lovely build quality) Can't go wrong picking the one that gives you the bigger tingly feeling :)

I assume you've already discounted the truly awesome Coolermaster ATCS 840 ?

16. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

Honestly I didn't even consider it... Didn't know that she existed :O It's that there are so many cases, that I dodn't even look at that one... I like it... But my mind is made up :D Just waiting on it to arrive :)

17. lil chris

lil chris What's a Dremel?

I have built my rig using a Antec 900 case and I love it, its a nice size has good air cooling,2 fans at the front a big fan in the roof and another fan at the back with provision for a side fan if thats what you want.If your going to get one though buy the 900 two case it has better cable routing.

18. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's here :D It's even more impressive live than on the pictures... It's beautiful and the fans are huge! Sorry for the quality of the pics, I'm using my cellphone

19. logan'srun

logan'srun following the footsteps of giants

that is a pretty sweet case, is there plastic bits on it?

20. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

What do you mean by plastic bits?

Here are more pics...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is part of a small review I made to a Forum in Portugal

System:
    Cpu: Intel Q6600 (4x2.4ghz)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte EP45-DQ6
    Memories: 4Gb Corsair Dominator PC8500
    Graphic card: XFX ATi HD5870 1Gb GDDR5
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE
    Power Supply: Corsair HX-850

Did tests on the Coolermaster CM690 this morning around 10am, it was still "fresh", and tests were done at the FT02R WI-afternoon around 4pm (with more heat), so these differences can be even more pronounced.
    Idle I considered when I turned on the pc, let stand 5 minutes and measure the temperatures.
    Considered "full" when I made a loop of three tests in 3DMark06 and the Microsoft Anti-Virus running in background in one of the disks
    Idle
    [​IMG]
    Load
    [​IMG]

Subtitles:

Disco = Hard Drive
    All the rest is the same :D

Sorry for the bad pics, made with phone, and... sorry if I made any English mistake