1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming The Best Gaming Moments of 2010

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 26 Dec 2010.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

I couldn't agree more with James in the FO:NV moment. FO1 & FO2 are in my top ten games list ever. And it brought me back some nice memories too. I've never found the highwayman, but i've found a "Cat's paw magazine". The music made by Mark Morgan (The same that made the scores for Planescape: Torment with that very touching theme for Deionarra) are a very high point in the game. I sometimes wish to ignore the existence of FO3 and replace it with new vegas. But I can't help myself but to think about that black cat with wide opened eys with the sayings "what has been seen cannot be unseen".

Those butchers at bethesda!

I wish I could find the "The bridge keeper" or the "Knights that say ni" too.

On a side note, i wish to say that despise I never played in the XBox, I loved Brotherhood of steel in the PC and I love so much that turn based thing. I wish I could see more of those old school turn based games...

On ANOTHER side note, yes, i a a freak games music fan. I am actually listening to "Super meat boy" OST right now, and my cell phone ring is the song for the First boss in "Thunder Force III" for Sega's Megadrive

3. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Reminds me of one of my favorite moments from the original Half Life.

It was the first time you encounter the mutant fish and it's swimming around the pool and I'm standing outside bemoaning the fact that sooner or later I'm going to have to get in the water with that thing. I was trying to shoot it when it came to the surface when it happened to come up under a barnacle and get winched in. Sure beat swimming with it :D

4. nissanskyrice

nissanskyrice Terminally Lazy

Now you've made me install FO2 again just to find those instances. and of course "brave brave sir robin".
    Its a brilliant game without the Monty Python tributes but its soo much better with them.

5. The_EXorcist

The_EXorcist Possibly Australian

Killing Floor... one of the most underrated games of all time. Insanely fun\frantic especially with friends on lan\private server. Also excellent value for money. It's L4D 1 & 2 turned up to 11.

6. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

ME2, Tali getting killed as she closed the blast door was it for me as well. The only member of my team that I lost. Sure I could have gone back and tried to make some other choices but I made the choice at the start of ME1 that whatever happened I would carry on and keep things as a single story right to the end. If people died then so be it, that is how my version of the story is playing out

7. mrbens

mrbens What's a Dremel?

Great New Vegas write-up James. :)

8. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

loads of people died in my me2.... is it possible to lose none?

9. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

Favorite moments: the whole epic experience that is Mass Effect 2.

Favorite retro moment: playing Loom again when it became available through steam earlier this year. Very wonderful, gentle and relaxing game for the price of a pint. Brief and beautiful nostalgia.

Moment I was least expecting: graphic gay sex scene in Dragon Age Origins (good game btw).

Most crushing and terrible disappointment: The travesty that was command and conquer four. They spat upon loyal fans of the series - (don't even get me started).

Other highlights:

Starcraft 2 single player was fun and polished.

Most looking forward to in early 2011: Deus Ex.

10. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

Absolutely.

I will not drop any spoliers, but there are many guides available on how to achieve this. Just use your old friend google.

11. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Couldn't agree more on Neptune's Pride; playing that game = sleep deprivation for the duration, good fun though.

I didn't enjoy Fallout 3: New Vegas anywhere near as much though; loved FO3 but NV was just more of the same IMO.

12. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

True, but better!

13. Paradox42

Paradox42 What's a Dremel?

Neptune's Pride = WIN!

14. Mitcian

Mitcian What's a Dremel?

Amnesia, the...scariest...game...ever!
    I agree that water section is terrifying. This was the first game where I felt truly enveloped and part of the unfolding events. I almost expected to stumble in that cliché manner over a piece of debris, or become frozen to the spot as one rounds a corner to be faced with a leering terror only feet ahead.

15. Pughy

Pughy Fancy a game of Starcraft?

Lack of starcraft 2 makes me sad :(

SC2 being one of the only games I bought this year and making me insanely happy because I've been waiting for an online multiplayer that actually takes legit skill.

Now all I need is a FPS that takes alot of skill and my life is complete (I'm not a quake fan).

16. pimlicosound

pimlicosound What's a Dremel?

I must have got quite lucky, because I managed to keep all my team members alive on my first try. I tried doing things differently on one playthrough and several people died as a result, so I obviously hit the right combination first time, if only through blind luck.

Tags: Add Tags