bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Tech Support

Old 17th Sep 2011, 14:32   #1
Smellyhead
Supermodder

Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.
Computer keeps restarting

Hey all,

My computer keeps restarting itself, it was working fine last night with no issues, I came to it today turn it on, and now, it just keeps restarting.

After restarting it asks me if I want to load Windows Repair (it recommends this) or load Windows normally.

If I choose Windows Repair, it does nothing and says it cannot repair this computer automatically.
It comes up with this message;

If I choose to send the information, it then gives me options for System Restore, Complete System Restore and to try reload the Mesh Repair, neither of these options do anything when I click them though.

If I choose don't send, I can just restart it and try again.

If I choose "view porblem details" it displays the below;

I've no idea what any of the above means though, so I was hoping maybe someone on here would be able to help me out with what to do.

Only thing I can think to do is put my Windows disk in and wipe the HD, and start again, but I'm hoping there's another way?

System info that I know is;
Windows 7 Home 64bit
Intel Core i5 760 @2.8Ghz
4GB RAM

Hopefully someone can help, thanks in advance.
Smellyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2011, 14:54   #2
TheStockBroker
King Battletoad

TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Don't suppose you've got a Sandforce based OS drive?

I've had similar issues in the last few days.

TSB
Old 17th Sep 2011, 15:53   #3
Smellyhead
Supermodder

Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStockBroker View Post
Don't suppose you've got a Sandforce based OS drive?

I've had similar issues in the last few days.

TSB
I've got a Samsung HDD but I couldn't tell you anymore than that about it.
Smellyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2011, 16:36   #4
TheStockBroker
King Battletoad

TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellyhead View Post
I've got a Samsung HDD but I couldn't tell you anymore than that about it.
Ah okay, not what I was thinking then, sorry.

I'm sure a format and the latest firmware would solve my problem, but I can't do that whilst in the middle of a Neptunes pride game!

TSB
Old 17th Sep 2011, 19:03   #5
GoodBytes
How many wifi's does it have?

GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
So let me understand. You are able to go in Windows, use the computer and then it reboots, right? If so, then in Windows disable auto restart on BSOD.
Here is how: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/window...-windows-7.htm

Also monitor your temperatures for everything: CPU, graphic card (and all its component that has a sensor), memory, chipset, and HDD. Make sure everything is bellow 70C when your not playing a game.

If you cannot boot to Windows:
Did you touch the BIOS the last time you used it?
Try Safe Mode. Does that work?
Did your computer showed any sign of slowness or heavy HDD activity last night? I am thinking that the HDD failed, and a re-install is needed.

Core i7 930 2.8GHz | G.Skill Pi 6GB 1600MHz 7-5-7-24 1.5V | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 | GeForce GTX 260 | W.D Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-U12P | Xonar Essence STX | Win8 Pro 64-bit | Dell U2410 - 1920x1200 | OCZ Vertex 4 250GB
GoodBytes is offline   Reply With Quote