1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Window glazing and projector screens.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by AJB2K3, 30 Dec 2008.

1. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 What's a Dremel?

Can anyone point me to information on using window glazing as a projector screens?
    I could never afford to do it but I would like the information for my dream home design.

2. Smegwarrior

Smegwarrior Fighting the war on smeg

How do you intend to use a window as a projector screen?

You need a proper screen for a projector whether it is front projection or rear projection, you can't use a piece of glass for it.

For front projection you can use blackout cloth, plywood painted white, a white wall etc but not glass or a mirror, a mirror reflects too much light and you end up seeing everything in the room reflected on it.

3. Kylevdm

Kylevdm The Mod Zoo Podcast Host

You can get windows (double glazing) with a film in between it. When you pass a current through this film it goes white. That could be used

4. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Wait, how much is this?

5. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 What's a Dremel?

Up to UK £1000 for a door size piece. Yeh I know about them (BTW there clear when powed, frosted unpowered) I was hoping for a better solution like the film I found online but I was wondering about combining it with 1 way glass or what ever.