1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Sharp LC46SB54U + Sharp Support...

Discussion in 'General' started by DarkLord7854, 14 Nov 2008.

1. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Well I wanted to recompile the post into some thing easier to read, but I'm not a mod/admin and thus can't make a post larger than 20,000 characters, and my edit is 43,000 characters. So if an admin/mod would like to make the edit for me, I'll happilly send over a code of the post.

Otherwise, I created an HTML version here with EVERYTHING, including contact information, and stuff I never posted before:

http://tech-burrow.com/sharp/Sharp.html

Enjoy

Last edited: 19 Nov 2009
    MorChaos likes this.
  2. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Wow, shocking really.
    Isn't it funny how some companies will let you walk all over them, and treat you like a paying customer should, and others like this are just plain awful awful!
    Fair play to you though for sticking to your guns :)

Hope it all gets sorted!

3. Matticus

Matticus ...

That is incredibly bad.

If that tech doesn't find an issue I can imagine you will be substituting your one phone call for one forum post informing us all that you will post back your progress in 25 years.

A friend of mine bought a Philips ambilight 32 inch and after a week it just cut out, they sent out a tech within days and he confirmed it was borked and they sent him a replacement next day. So it seems that perhaps spending a little extra and not getting any better specs may just be your saving grace when something goes wrong.

4. DarkLord7854

After sending em that e-mail, they've decided (amazingly) to send me a replacement TV, same model, at no cost.

I'm already assuming the issue is still going to be present.. but who knows..

5. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Best of luck man. Sounds like that company's Tech support department is FUBARed. I think if push comes to shove (or shove comes to beat the crap out of) then you should demand a refund, and the buy a different TV.

6. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

ebay it as soon as it turns up and get a new tv......+1 for samsung

7. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

Hmm, appauling service. It's worrying these days that companies with good service stand out among the rest, should it not be the other way round?!

RwD

8. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Sharp build quality of late is apparently not very stellar.

9. exavier412

exavier412 What's a Dremel?

Wow, that is absolutely terrible. Let us know if your new TV has the same problems. It seems like a really weird issue.

+1 to Samsung

10. DarkLord7854

I've yet to be contacted about receiving the TV which was supposed to happen 3 or 4 days ago (beginning of week).. Sooooo.. not looking so good >.<

Gonna wait till Wednesday.. if not.. looks like it's going to be another call to Sharp. Sigh.

11. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

good luck man, I hope it all gets sorted out. That even made ME mad when they tried to get you to pay to replace a warrentied item! Let us know how it goes. Bummer, I was thinking of getting an Aquos too.

12. DarkLord7854

Well apparently their Aquos line has a better Tech Support and stuff, the only difference between mine and an Aquos though, it doesn't have the branding/marketing b/s, but it's the same panel.. not sure if the mainboard is the same though.

13. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Samsung UK support is pretty dire as well. It took nearly two months for them to replace my XL20 after it developed colour issues. In the interest of not hijacking the thread, I'll just say I spent many, many hours on the phone to them.

14. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

I found Samsung good one phone call on the last day of the warranty on my TV they sent me a new remote no questions asked as mine was broke and sent someone out within 2 days to pick up the TV and check it as there was 3 dead pixels, they then replaced the panel and returned it within 5 days no questions asked. Think I spent 30 seconds on hold and 10 mintues giving them my details and explaining the issue.

Hope you get the tele sorted mate seriously sounds like dealing with Sharp is a ball ache.

15. DarkLord7854

Well, got tired and called em today, they said the TV shipped out on the 18th of November, yet they never asked me for:

a) my address where TV is located at
    b) date(s) I am available to receive TV and give them the old one
    c) time on said date(s) I'll be available

So somehow they've shipped out a TV to an unknown address, to be delivered at an unknown date, and time, and it's been "out for delivery" since the 18th... Yea.. ok...

Naturally, when I called them, all their shipping/RMA/Dispatch departments were closed so they could only offer to "investigate the problem and re-contact [me] soon" so I'm assuming that means I won't get a call back for another.. oh.. week or two.

Argh.

16. DarkLord7854

Got the new TV... it's showing the same problems, they're even worse, it blinks at even more frequent intervals. Thoroughly pissed off now.

Sent em an e-mail, for record purposes and for anyone who also has this problem, here's what I sent:

Am now waiting for a call back, if none received by 2pm today, I'll be giving them a call.

Last edited: 3 Dec 2008
  17. DarkLord7854

Got a call back today, they miraculously had a firmware update that was released today (go figure eh?) and forwarded to me.

Excitedly, I put it on my flash drive, popped it into TV.. and spent the next hour or so trying to get TV to see it.

TV just won't read the update. Argh. Naturally, Sharp isn't picking up and e-mails are still unanswered... typical.

18. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

oh man, you just gotta laugh.
    that's awful, awful service.

19. HINESerelli

HINESerelli What's a Dremel?

Currently, I'm having the same problem and wow, it's the same exact model! and it has to do with the xbox as well. I'm glad I came across this thread before I had to deal with that outstanding customer service Sharp seems to have. I'll be keeping a close eye on this this one for the fact my warranty is up in a month or so. Give em' Hell Dark Lord. Also, do you think it is in my best interest to get the extended warranty on this product? meaning the Sharp Tv.

20. DarkLord7854

I'd get the warranty, and if I were you, I'd also call sharp, and reference my problem. Yea, their tech support is crap, but the more of us that open cases with this issue, the more pressure we'll put on them to resolve the issue, and if they don't, then it'll be legal pressure coming down on Sharp.

Still waiting on an answer for the firmware