bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 17th Feb 2017, 11:03   #1
Dogbert666
I benchmark, therefore I am.
bit-tech Staff

Dogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Gigabyte Z270N-WiFi Review

If you're after a cheap, overclockable mini-ITX Z270 motherboard, this is essential reading.

https://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/20...-wifi-review/1
Dogbert666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2017, 13:19   #2
bawjaws
Mod Master

bawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I like the look of this. It ticks pretty much all of the boxes for me - I don't care about RGB LEDs or extreme overclocking. Shame about the USB 3.0 header location, though: I hate USB 3.0 connectors and cables because they're horribly bulky and hard to tidy out of the way, especially if they sprout out of the centre of the board like this one does. I'm happy to see a USB C port and USB 2 header

Based on all of the Z270 mITX boards I've seen so far, this is my favourite, and it's also a lot cheaper than either the MSI or ASus boards that you've reviewed whilst not sacrificing any features that I'd actually need.

Now it's just a case of waiting to see what Ryzen is like and whether there are any decent mITX boards at launch...
bawjaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2017, 13:43   #3
megamale
Multimodder

megamale is a Super Spamming Saiyanmegamale is a Super Spamming Saiyanmegamale is a Super Spamming Saiyanmegamale is a Super Spamming Saiyanmegamale is a Super Spamming Saiyanmegamale is a Super Spamming Saiyanmegamale is a Super Spamming Saiyanmegamale is a Super Spamming Saiyanmegamale is a Super Spamming Saiyanmegamale is a Super Spamming Saiyanmegamale is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I had the Z170n and had to return it. Whilst it overclocked ok, any sustained aida64 load would cause the VRMs to throttle.

It's not entirely obvious as the overclock was stable, but the frequency would not stay consistent after a few minutes. It was only visible when running prime.

HTPC: Z97i Plus - 4790K - XFX R9 290 in an Ncase M1
megamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2017, 14:32   #4
Hustler
Hypermodder

Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Pffft..Z270 & Kaby Lake are yesterdays news, boring!

Give us those AM4/Ryzen reviews now
Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2017, 17:20   #5
tristanperry
Hypermodder

tristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Looks a nice board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler View Post
Give us those AM4/Ryzen reviews now
True... I'm sure we wouldn't tell if bit-tech leaked some benchmarks early...
Antec 300 | Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 | Core i5 750 @ 3.6ghz | Corsair XMS3 4GB 1,600Mhz | XFX HD5850 | 120 GB Corsair Series Force 3 SSD | 2x 1TB Samsung F3 | Titan Fenrir | BenQ G2220HD 21.5" Widescreen | Corsair VX550W
tristanperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2017, 18:31   #6
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.
Let's see... so far I've had the H55N-USB3, the H77N-WiFi and the H97N-WiFi as mITX boards and they all were working very good.
I wouldn't expect any less from Gigabyte tbh, as all my other boards for the last 15 years were aswell all from Gigabyte and have worked without any problems.

For me it's still the best motherboard-manufacturer around, even if they don't offer as much bling as others. They simply have the best price/performance ratio.

Cooltek/Jonsbo U1 | Silverstone SX500-LG | Noctua NF-R8 Redux 1200
Gigabyte H97N-WiFi | intel i7-5775C | Noctua NH-D9L | Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3L1600 | Crucial MX200 250GB | 2.5" WD AV 1TB
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Feb 2017, 03:47   #7
Bindibadgi
Am I out of touch?

Bindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs77 View Post
Let's see... so far I've had the H55N-USB3, the H77N-WiFi and the H97N-WiFi as mITX boards and they all were working very good.
I wouldn't expect any less from Gigabyte tbh, as all my other boards for the last 15 years were aswell all from Gigabyte and have worked without any problems.

For me it's still the best motherboard-manufacturer around, even if they don't offer as much bling as others. They simply have the best price/performance ratio.
Used the H55N and it was great. Heard good things of the H97N but I bought the B150N-CSM (only one with 6 SATA) and it's a bag of ****. So disappointed. But I haven't the willpower to change it now.
Old 19th Feb 2017, 01:08   #8
Arboreal
Ultramodder

Arboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs77 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi View Post
Used the H55N and it was great. Heard good things of the H97N but I bought the B150N-CSM (only one with 6 SATA) and it's a bag of ****. So disappointed. But I haven't the willpower to change it now.
I have run mostly Gigabyte boards until I got a Maximus VI Impact a while back.
My H55N-USB3 is still running in a family PC, and needs a G6950 to i5 upgrade. I sold my H61N-USB3 fairly quickly as it only had 2 SATA ports, and I'm pretty content with Z87.
I have no desire to go Skylake yet, I can't see any benefit to me other than more grunt in the M.2 department and the bling...[OK, I admit an irrational attraction to the Gigabyte Phoenix boards]
Still a bit shocking how the prices have shot up for the last 2 generations, for whatever reasons (currency definitely helping over the last year).
I really only buy used now, and stick with older proven kit.
Arboreal is offline   Reply With Quote