bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > Serious

Old 18th Feb 2017, 23:51   #5981
RedFlames
...is a figment of your imagination

RedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Yeah I thought that too... wondered how many people slagging it/him off would be shouting 'this, all of this!' from the rooftops had it been literally anyone other than him saying it.

RedFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Feb 2017, 23:58   #5982
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Well, he is for a large part responsible for the utter mess in the Middle East which has allowed ISIS to proliferate and has contributes to the fear of Muslim immigrants overrunning the West, which in turn was grist on the mill of the Vote Leave campaign and also contributed to Trump getting voted into office.

So yeah, that may be detracting slightly from the impact of his speech.

"We are the music makers; we are the dreamers of dreams"

Current project: Metaversa 02 Ada.

Last edited by Nexxo; 19th Feb 2017 at 00:05.
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Feb 2017, 23:59   #5983
Harlequin
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Harlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
Well, he is for a large part responsible for the utter mess in the Middle East which has allowed ISIS to proliferate and has contributes to the fear of Muslim immigrants overrunning the West, which in turn was grist on the mill of the Vote Leave campaign and also contributed to Trump getting voted into office.

So yeah, some blame can be laid at his feet.
but only 45 minutes worth.....
We will remember them
Harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Feb 2017, 00:11   #5984
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan

Old 19th Feb 2017, 01:15   #5985
DXR_13KE
BananaModder

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
I wonder if he likes pigs.
Old 20th Feb 2017, 23:50   #5986
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Pro-Brexit The Telegraph: "Yeah... Uh... Totally worth it... Maybe..."

Old 21st Feb 2017, 20:02   #5987
Corky42
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Anyone fancy a new job? Head of Strategy and Brexit.
Quote:
The job entails supporting the Deputy Director for Strategy, Brexit and Ministerial Support in leading the following functions:
  • Developing the departmentís strategic priorities to support their delivery, including preparation for fiscal events and other major milestones.
  • Developing the departmentís Single Departmental Plan, working closely with the Departmentís Implementation Unit.
  • Leading the departmentís business planning cycles to ensure pay resources are allocated to reflect strategic delivery priorities and capacity needs and alignment with the departmentís Single Departmental Plan.
  • Leading the departmentís preparations for exiting the EU, including close work with policy, analytical and legal colleagues across DCLG and managing the relationship with DExEU.
  • Supporting overall leadership of the division as a the Management Team.
Does that mean they can't find anyone suitable for the role from within the exist 400k+ unelected bureaucrats?
Corky42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2017, 20:19   #5988
Archtronics
Mod Master

Archtronics is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Archtronics is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Archtronics is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Archtronics is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Archtronics is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Archtronics is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Archtronics is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Archtronics is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Archtronics is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Archtronics is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Archtronics is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I think I'd want a lot more than 70k to be head of strategy and brexit. Its akin to working for a top private company so I'd be wanting at the very least a mil, plus a massive bonus if its a "success".
Archtronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2017, 21:54   #5989
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky42 View Post
Anyone fancy a new job? Head of Strategy and Brexit.

Does that mean they can't find anyone suitable for the role from within the exist 400k+ unelected bureaucrats?
Or nobody willing. Poison chalice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archtronics View Post
I think I'd want a lot more than 70k to be head of strategy and brexit. Its akin to working for a top private company so I'd be wanting at the very least a mil, plus a massive bonus if its a "success".
The pay is remarkably ****.

Old Yesterday, 08:36   #5990
Corky42
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
Or nobody willing. Poison chalice.
I would have thought for a vehement supporter of leaving it would have been the holy grail.

Last edited by Corky42; Yesterday at 10:28.
Old Yesterday, 08:50   #5991
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Possibly not many of those amongst the civil servants.

Old Yesterday, 10:38   #5992
Corky42
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Probably why they're having to advertise externally. Although haven't we been told it's all about PMA (positive mental attitude) so maybe those unelected bureaucrats need someone who believes leaving is going to be a good thing, i get the feeling though that any leave supporting applicant would soon come to realise working at the coal face paints a very different picture.
Old Yesterday, 11:06   #5993
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Well, so far whenever Brexiteers are asked what the UK is going to do about all those tricky details like participation in the Erasmus programme, scientific cooperation, Interpol, security and defense, E numbers and other food regulations, the European Medicines Agency etc. they say: "Oh, we will probably keep those, but now it will be on a voluntary basis". Like EU membership wasn't voluntary?

Turns out that Brexit means not much will change --except losing all the perks of EU membership and gaining a lot of pointless hassle for maintenance of essentially the status quo.

Old Yesterday, 12:59   #5994
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
What's that? We're going to have to keep trucking in people from the EU post-Brexit 'cos they're doing jobs that natives think are beneath them? Well, colour me shocked.

Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 13:51   #5995
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a senior minister
"You can serve in Pret if you are a 55-year old"
Yeah, but let's see if that 55-year old is prepared to work for the same wage.

Me, I want to see the Job Centre try to direct all those British unemployed to the farmers' fields.

EDIT:

Meanwhile, Ivan Rogers' evidence to the Common Brexit Committee has just finished. Rogers laid down what the difference is between being in the Single Market and having an FTA, and what it would mean to trade under WTO rules, and what the EU's stance is to the whole negotiation. The last exchange went like this:

Quote:
Ivan Rogers: "There's quite a lot of sunshine in my view."
Dominic Raab: "I missed the sunshine."
Yeah, Brexit is a Bitch.

Last edited by Nexxo; Yesterday at 14:17.
Old Yesterday, 15:23   #5996
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'm liking how cheap it sounds to settle ties.

I mean, if it's only ~60bn Euro's why didn't we do this decades ago? What a deal to have no say in **** and a ****ed economy. Awesome like a foursome.
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brexit means breakfast, derailment: the thread, fear mongering!!, fees or gtfo, findyerdummies, grow up people, i'm not f**ked, immigration, internet fight, jesus christ this thread, jesus this echo chamber, little britain, nexxo needs to stop, no we are not all f**ked, remoaner circle jerk, someone is obsessing!!!, storm in a teacup, unicorn fetish, we totally are f**ked, were all f**ked now, what is the eu?, £3.50 to the nhs!