1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning XBox 360 Schematics?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by stuartwood89, 25 Mar 2011.

1. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

I'm brainstorming a custom case for the XBox 360, which should be a cheap enough build as long as I get the design right. I actually have the console right here now, but I'm unable to open it up now as it's sort of in use. I need to know the key dimensions of the consoles components (motherboard, DVD drive etc...) so that I can accurately design the case around it. As far as I know, the parts are the same dimensions across most of the models except the 360s of course. As usual, Google just spits a load of useless crap at me when I look on there, but I could have sworn that I saw a site a while ago that had detailed drawings of every part of the console. I need those so that I can get started ASAP.

For those interested, the build will probably feature an all aluminium construction and possibly an anodised finish with watercooling or at least some improved airflow.

I'll get some concept drawings up soon. I usually use Sketchup for this kind of thing, but I'm on Linux now, and Blender is a bitch to learn.

Any help in the measurements department, or even opinions and advice on the build will be very helpful.

2. dark_avenger

dark_avenger Minimodder

3. disturbed13

disturbed13 What's a Dremel?

the disk drive is the same as a standard 5.25" optical drive
    using a sata connection as well
    custom power cable from the mobo to the optic drive