1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide How to charge your phone from it's USB cradle without an extra charger

Discussion in 'Modding' started by malcs, 5 Sep 2003.

1. malcs

malcs oops! i put a hole in the ***** :(

OK here is a guide to my P800 cradle mod.. remember ... i do not take ANY RESPONSIBILITY for anything caused as a result of this modification being undertaken. thank-you :D also this guide can be modified for most phone USB cradles-- just check the charger to make sure that the current is less than 500mA and the voltage is either just under or just over 5V

ok on with the guide...

step one.. turn the cradle over so that you can see the 5 pads on the underside::

[​IMG]

step two.. now remove the pads shown, and take out the screws underneath. the other two pads need not be removed as they do not have screws underneath.

[​IMG]

step three.. turn the cradle back over, and remove the silver cover... you should be able to see the below..

[​IMG]

step four.. the circuit board should just lift off. when it has you need to get some wire, and solder one point to the RED wire coming from the USB cable (circled blue), and another to the red circled point which will be a very small siver circle like the others you can see in the pic. another way to find it is to follow the trace from the soldered point where the green circle is. be very careful to get the right point at this time.

[​IMG]

step five.. you need to cut a small piece from the support at the bottom of the cradle-- do NOT go through the bottom of the cradle. this is to accomodate the extra thickness provided by the wire.

[​IMG]

now just put the cradle back together again.. and enjoy USB charging!! and your extra charger now free for other uses :D

here is a picture of the finished mod....

[​IMG]

please give me feedback on the guide! :D

-malcs

2. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

That is quite unclear about what needs to be soldered to what...

3. malcs

malcs oops! i put a hole in the ***** :(

if you have the actual circuit board tho it is quite clear :D

Tags: