1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU Power up, but not signal!

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Pyrotek, 31 Jan 2012.

1. Pyrotek

Pyrotek What's a Dremel?

Hey guys, having some trouble here with a update to my PC, i replaced a old ATX board with a second-hand board from this forum, so i could maybe get a Phenom II X6 later in the year, and dual some GPU's. Anyway i put it in, reattached the cables correctly, RAM was installed fully, added the cooler with some new paste, BUT i didn't completely clean the CPU top and coolers base for some reason. i started it up and it came up with CPU cooler not connected, even though it was as the fan was spinning and working. Installed the new drivers and replacing old ones, and suddenly i felt some heat, the case was absolutely heaving out some heat, and suddenly shut down. now it will start up, all fans going, hard drive going, but i get nothing from my monitor at all ! It doesn't even flicker on the off, i get nothing :sigh: please help, iv tried a few things out but nothings working :waah: maybe the CPU is dead?

Cheers,
    Pyrotek

2. improprietary

improprietary FT03 is a bitch to watercool

you DID place the coolers back onto the chips right? If you did then try turning on the pc again, if nothing then i'd say your cpu is a new addition to your keychain.

3. Pyrotek

Pyrotek What's a Dremel?

Yeah I attached the cooler correctly onto the CPU, I did this before I installed the mobo into the case to make sure it was attached fully. Really :( I can get it RMA for free as its not that old, only had the CPU since June/July time, so hopefully it is just the CPU then! Cheers for you input :)!

4. Pyrotek

Pyrotek What's a Dremel?

Put the old mobo back in and used the stock AMD cooler and its now working :/ Why cant computers be simple!