1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Asrock N68PV-GS no video issue. - Solved

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by nicomoore, 17 May 2012.

1. nicomoore

nicomoore What's a Dremel?

Hi folks, how are we all today?

I have a rather big problem at the moment and was wondering if any of you kind folk at bit-tech.net could help me. I'll try to be as clear and consise as possible, but please excuse any daftness coming from me as I am still learning. So on that note lets begin.

I have a Asrock N68PV-GS which all of a sudden stopped transmitting video. A few things I have tried:

1) Checked all connectors - no issues.
    2) Reset CMOS - done
    3) Checked components; (RAM, HDD, PSU, CPU) - no issues.
    4) Tried various graphics cards in PCI, PCI-E slots - STILL NO VIDEO.
    5) Tried different monitors - problem persists.

I need to add that the issue began with onboard graphics. When the PC is switched on, the monitor goes to "sleep" but when I disconnect the VGA cable, the monitor shows "no source" (or something along the "no source" lines, it's late, i'm tired).

During boot the PC beeps once, and everything seems to load up normally, the HDD light illuminates as normal, and it sounds like the PC is running normally.

I have ran it with only the CPU, CPU fan and PSU connected and the problem continues. I am afraid I am limited on the amount of detail I can give you about the PC as it is belongs to an uncle.

I have also tried the components in another system and everything seems to work normally, RAM, PSU, CPU, HDD's, DVD-Drive, Memory Card Readers are working perfectly in another system but fail to work on this machine.

The motherboard is healthy, the problem began after removing the CPU fan and heatsink for a simple de-cake, I have tested all connectors, CPU, and everything else that I could think of to resolve this problem over and over again, but I am extremely confused as to why this has happened. Before anyone asks, yes I was working in a clean environment, anti-static wrist band, hand on back of case, no PSU connected when I was removing the build up of dirt from the CPU fan and heatsink.

Can anyone offer some assistance and help me answer that problem silly question? Any help would be very much appreciated, I will try anything to get this to work.

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to hopefully reading some insight and replies.

Nico

:thumb:

Last edited: 18 May 2012
  2. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

pull the board out the case.. it might be a simple case of something grounding to the back of the mb after you pulled the cpu

3. nicomoore

Done this now, noticed the thermal paste actually stuck the cpu to the heatsink, so it wasn't clipped into place, it was just being pushed down by the tension of the heatsink.

I will need to wait until I have an available power supply as all PC's in the house are being used and I have no spare cables. But I will post results :)

4. nicomoore

Sorted :)

Turned it that it was simply the fact that the CPU was attached to the Heatsink. I detached the CPU, clipped it into place, bish, bash, bosh sorted.

Sorry for being a noob!