1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks MSi CR620 Motherboard

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by PawelKosi, 20 Jul 2012.

1. PawelKosi

PawelKosi What's a Dremel?

Hi Fellas,

I have (or rather 'had') a MSi laptop model CR620. We were on holidays with my missus visiting her parents who live in middle-east. I took the laptop with us knowing that we might have some cooling issues as the temperatures there reach 49 C. I bought a Logitech cooling pad.
    When we arrived I learned that her parents simply do not switch off the air-con at all. Since I only needed laptop when we were at home I thought that I bought the cooling pad for nothing so I didn’t use it. Now I know I should. I left laptop running for whole day when we left for some sightseeing in the morning. It was stood on a glass table. When we came back like 10h later it was still on and looked fine. I picked it up and after 5 min of use it just switched off. Just like that. The power brick was blinking. When you unplugged it from the laptop it had its normal steady on light but when re-plugged to laptop it would start to blink again. There were no lights switching on on the laptop. It seemed completely dead. Replacing batter didn’t help either. We also had a spare power brick and that would blink when connected to the laptop. Quick check on the net confirmed that we look at something burned inside. I thought it was power circuitry but when I opened the case I could see that one of the chips next to the hard drive was completely burned. It left soot next to it and on the back side of the case.
    Now there is no need for pictures as this chip is properly burned. My question is:
    Is it possible to order the motherboard directly from the manufacturer? It is new laptop and it is sad to see it go like that. I am afraid that it is after the warranty too… it only just finished. I was trying to find parts like that on ebay and similar sites but to no avail. Is it even worth it guys? Or should I just sell it for parts?

Thanks for any help!!!

Pawel

2. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

i should read the whole thread, lol, anyway you could try here they supply parts for many manufacturers, but you may find its just cheaper to get a new lappy

if you cant find it on the website, call the number, make sure you are near the laptop, cos they will ask for serial numbers etc

3. PawelKosi

PawelKosi What's a Dremel?

Hey mate thanks for your reply

Sorry for very long time it took me to respond to this. Web site you mentioned did not have mobo for the laptop. I have done some investigation and the only way I could have put my hands on it is to order it directly from manufacturer (from factory actually) and the prices involved would be huge (for what it is worth in reality). So i ended up selling the laptop for parts (i got around 150 quid for it) so it is not all bad.