1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News ECS unveils Durathon high-durability branding

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 11 Apr 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Interesting, although I can't seem to shake the notion that 'Durathon' sounds like a brand of contraceptives...

3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Damn you beat me to it :lol:

Though i do question if people really need a MoBo resistant to high levels of humidity or caps rated for over 22 years of use.

4. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Depends on where you're living really. In Indochina or south america there's much higher levels of humidity then in EU/US ;)

5. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

To me it sounds like a weird mix of Duron and Athlon.

6. Jimbob

Jimbob Minimodder

This sounds just like the existing features on existing motherboards, Gigabyte have had high humidity tight weaving on even their low-mid range boards for ages now.

7. tad2008

tad2008 What's a Dremel?

For me this just further confirms just how poor quality their boards have always been and that only now are they finally rising their quality to what everyone else has already been doing for years. Good on them for doing so and it's just a shame mobo makers like this are still around when seemingly better companies like Abit have since been lost.

Either way I'll still be avoiding ECS boards and sticking with the likes of Asus, Gigabyte and MSI.

8. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Never seen or used a ECS board, so I am not sure what they are like but atleast if they had issues in the past they are atleast working on it.

I can't even find anywhere that sell's them in the uk.