1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new motivation

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Unicorn, 1 May 2009.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I wasn't sure whether to post this here or not but I figured if it can motivate me then it can motivate some of you lot also.

About a week ago a good friend of mine was diagnosed with cancer. She has a husband and two sons, and runs her own business. At the moment she is still waiting on more test results to see if it is operable or even treatable, and both her and her family are understandably devestated by the news.

This is why we fold. You never appreciate how hard it is until it happens to you or someone close to you. In a world more full of technology than it has ever been I see no reason why someone, somewhere can't make diseases like cancer more treatable, and that's where we come in. People who hear you talk about folding or even you may not think that it can make a difference (I have had first hand experience of this myself, friends scoffing at the notion that the project can actually help medical research and some even calling it a waste of time and money) but the fact is that someone is at least trying. If the project shut down tomorrow, Stanford's research would be dead in the water. But if 100 more clients join it tomorrow and fold just a few WU's then they are one step closer to helping people like my friend who's lives have been turned upside down by the likes of Cancer, Alzheimer's, Huntington's and the many others that Stanford currently have active research in.

I'd like to see a big effort from our team over the next while to process as many WU's as possible. With the Chimp challenge coming up there are even more reasons to get involved in folding for Custom PC and Bit Tech. There are over 36,000 members be it active or inactive on the bit-tech and CPC forums, if just a few more of those thousands join our effots we can make a real difference.

I leave it in your hands guys, thanks for reading.

Uni

2. cgcox1

cgcox1 Obessed Folder! Me? Surely not!

This is indeed why we fold.

Definatly worth posting here.