1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Car Show

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Firehed, 13 Oct 2008.

1. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Car show at the local high school - here are a few of my favorites from the bunch. Can't believe how sunny it was for mid-October. I should NOT get a sunburn this time of year. And of course, it makes it a right pain in the ass to not completely blow out the sky when shooting shiny things at high noon. Makes me wish I had an ETTL cord or radiopoppers for some counter-sun strobe action, 1/200s isn't nearly fast enough since I had to stop down to f/20 or so to get a decent sky, and that just kills the 580II even at full power.

"Greaser"
    [​IMG]

"Senior"
    [​IMG]

"Evil Twin"
    [​IMG]

Untitled
    [​IMG]

Untitled
    [​IMG]

C&C much appreciated :)

Last edited: 13 Oct 2008
  2. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Nice shots, and lovely lovely cars! However, I think you've cropped these well too much.
    They canne breathe cap'n!

3. computerman5

computerman5 What's a Dremel?

I like the first one, both the shot and the background are nice.

4. ssR

ssR Carbon God

i like them all with the favorite being the evil twin. all work good for me, no problems with the cropping or whatever, i guess it's all about what you're trying to show in the pic

5. OleJ

OleJ Me!

I only find the first one too tightly cropped as the others are more detailing than showing the entire car. But due the whole car being in the frame it needs just a little more breathing room. But of course it is a matter of taste. :) Good shots.

6. Vers

Vers ...

x2

7. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

I'm with OleJ (sorry, thought I'd replied to this earlier - the first one is a bit too much cropping. The rest feel like they should - the photographer is showing me what he or she finds interesting. I do think the "evil twin" could have stood just a bit more on the right side (the one taillight is cut off), but hey - 17mm gets you so far.

Tags: