1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News PS3 developer fired for talking

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 2 Feb 2006.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Arkuden

Arkuden mow?

ouch tough break for this guy... seems kinda harsh but i suppose they are making a point

3. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Well the interveiw says he's landed on his feet, but still feel Sony were a little harsh.....

He dosn't actually release any infromation and if anything is just bashing the effort being put into the making of his own compaines name rather than slateing the PS3 in any way.

Good luck to him.

4. Lord Kordir

Lord Kordir What's a Dremel?

More evidence that Sony is indeed the most evil corporation in existence :D

The Beatallica case really got me wound up.

5. dom_

dom_ --->

If i owned a company and someone publicly defamed it i would sack them.

Why would you want an employee who is talking your company down publicly, work for you?

6. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove What's a Dremel?

I have to agree with dom_. From the company perspective his comments are not welcome, and by sacking this guy they will probably make anyone else about to release information on their own think twice!! Bit-Tech crew have you gotten more or less leaks from Sony people after this came out?? (that is if you get any ;) )

All that aside though luck on his part!

7. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

you took the words out of my keybord. :D

8. Er3l

Er3l Guest

I hope Sony corp can find it in their heart to get the fellar back.

9. DivineSin

DivineSin What's a Dremel?

I wish i could find the entire blog post from this guy, but i did find a few quotes from him. The guy did and did not deserve to get fired. He was clearly angry with the team he was working on, and his entire blog post was pretty vague and didnt give off too much information. Hell, his post was so vague you really didnt expect it to be written by a guy who was designing a game, heres a few quotes.

Edit: Actually i found the entire blog post.

10. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Well it looks like Sony top men are very secretive on the technical aspects, so secretive infact that employees don't even know what is happening hardware-wise lol.. :hehe:

11. leviathan18

leviathan18 What's a Dremel?

this guy messed up with NDA and he deservers what he got....

12. The Corporate Nerd

The Corporate Nerd What's a Dremel?

I agree with sony for firing him for i would have too, but I still hate Sony's guts. :grr:

13. Aankhen

Aankhen What's a Dremel?

+1 from me.

Last edited: 20 Mar 2006
  14. Hybr1d

Hybr1d Bаnned

I hope he gets on the Revolution team and is the key to Sony's demise, muahahaha!

15. The cheapskate

The cheapskate One custom title before Matty

2+ now

Why work for a company you are going to bad mouth? its common sence to respect ure employer, no matter how much of a faceless ****** that employer may be, he is still afterall paying ure wages..

16. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

I dont know if other countries have anything like it, but I should think in the UK, if he could prove to a court he had done everything that could be reasonably expected of him to check it was alright before he posted it and then they fired him for the posting, he'd have a good case for wrongfull dissmissal (might be slightly the wrong words there)

I think the blog is a bit too open for interpretation for its own good - to me I read it as a mixture of concern over the consoles development and maybe frustration/anger at marketing (IE the whole PS3 will launch in a couple months and blow everyone away angle, when if he's right it won't have the really good games for a year or two, or possible even exist for a good while longer than they are making out) He doesn't sound like he hates Sony or even wishes the PS3 any particular ill will directly.
    But as I said, thats my own personal opinion, quite obviously quite a few other different interpretations can be read from it.

17. koola

koola Minimodder

It's a shame that his guy got fired for voicing personal opinions in his blog. Just shows how ruthless corporations can be (sony being no.1 most evil ;))

18. DivineSin

DivineSin What's a Dremel?

Its sad all these sony bashers, you never even saw them around untill that rootkit fiasco. When you work for a company, you dont badmouth your company and you definetly dont say that a rival company's product is better.

It doesnt even matter, this guy wasnt even an underdog, and he's getting paid -more- now than he was at sony and I believe has a book deal as well. If i didnt know better he just did it to get a little fame and a better job. :rolleyes:

19. MiLwOrkZ

MiLwOrkZ What's a Dremel?

Ok Yes, Sony is an evil company but, Microsoft is #1 hated company of all times. That is to me to say the least.

20. Ab$olut

Ab$olut What's a Dremel?

or maybe sony really don't have anything ready :hehe:

Tags: Add Tags