1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overclocking i5 750 Temperature

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by noizdaemon666, 15 Aug 2011.

1. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

I've had my 750 stable at 3.8GHz forever, at 1.33ish vcore. After fiddling last night got it to 4GHz at 1.37ish vcore, but temperatures were 74 degrees on the hottest core under full load with all my fans working like hell.

This may have been asked a quadrillion times, but I can't find it so, is this temperature too high?

Thanks

2. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

What cooler are you using?

3. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

When you say full load is that on prime 95 or some thing similar or just normal use. That said those temp are acceptable on prime as it's designed to beat the crap out of the CPU. Normal usage should see about 10 degrees less.

4. kol

kol What's a Dremel?

I had mines running at 4.4Ghz (cant remember vCore) and it was hitting 75degs in P95, gaming on games like Black Ops and Left 4 Dead 2 i was seeing around 65deg (Fan speed maxed 24/7). So Jeffs right, the temps are fine for CPU testing and you shouldnt need to worry when playing games etc.

But ive currently got mines running at stock, trying to rule out the BSOD i keep getting, and so far since lowering it, ive not had a BSOD. I might ramp it up to 3.8Ghz as it was always stable since the day i built my PC.

5. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

the old phantom BSOD problem. i ran mine at 4.1 for a while but ended up back at 3.8, better to knock it down a notch for rock solid 24/7 stability sometimes

6. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

ive been running mine at 4.0ghz @ 1.31v for about a month now and i think ive got it stable. it hits 72c during large FFTs....so i think your right in the ballpark.

these 750s sure do love 3.8ghz dont they. i ran mine at 3.8ghz w/1.28v rock solid for over a year before i decided to try 4ghz.

all my overclocks are with C-states and power saving features on.

7. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Cheers guys. I'm using a Titan Fenrir, with 2 arctic cooling 12cm fans on the case. Both set to full speed. I think I might aim for 4.2GHz and see where I get.

And yeah full load using P95, not tried any gaming yet, don't have a great deal of time haha