1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Fulmo - Type R

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by BOBDBONE, 14 Jan 2012.

1. BOBDBONE

BOBDBONE Owner at BS Mods

I am starting a fully sponsored mod for Enermax that will be a stock Fulmo mid tower. This is a new design that just came out. I've had the case for a couple months now and started work on it but I had to finish the Zotac mods for CES and got behind.

This is a great looking case already but I will be transforming it into a race inspired build.

- It has to look fast
    - It has to be fast

First I would like to thank Ecomaster for contacting me with the offer to build a killer Enermax case. They were very generous in the sponsorship of this build and I will make sure it pays off for them. Thanks P. L. :)

The case comes all black with some silver accent strips running top to front.

[​IMG]

It has great body lines but I don't understand the flat spots on the silver strips where it bends around the front/top area.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

they won't be flat when I get done. :p

Part of my inspiration will come from this -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It will be super bright white, with red accents and some chrome touches.

Here is a quick Photoshop in white (courtesy of my pal Boddaker) showing the red strips. It will be much brighter than this and there will also be some lettering and logos added.

[​IMG]

White is the new black!

This case is really well built and has a ton of great features. Lots of little extras for cooling and wire management. It was well thought out and I would recommend this case for sure. Tons of cooling options.

I'll be back with more real soon.

I'm currently busy sanding.......

In the mean time, check out Enermax

[​IMG]

YEHBABY likes this.
  2. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

Nice Honda mod. :D

3. BOBDBONE

Not so much a Honda theme. I'm just straight up stealing their ideas for my own use. :naughty:

4. BOBDBONE

Ahhh I love deliveries.

A 1200W Platimax psu fully modular (even 24 pin)

9 TB Silence red lightning fans

And a T60 CPU cooler

[​IMG]

More things to paint white! The fans I wanted that were already white were discontinued. And I'll paint the psu white with some red highlights.

I pulled everything apart and sanded the main framework.

[​IMG]

I removed some of the webbing where the fans will be located. These are not just for looks, they actually add to the structural integrity of the case. But I don't plan on moving it around much so it's not a problem.

[​IMG]

I left the bottom one in for now. I may remove it also.

I used some snippers to cut them out and I will use my small disc grinder to clean up the sharp edges later.

[​IMG]

Next step is breaking down the outer panels and removing all the wiring and switches. Then sanding those.

5. BOBDBONE

More hardware...

Like I said, it has to look fast and BE fast. :p

[​IMG]

xMathiasD likes this.
  6. Briaireous

Briaireous What's a Dremel?

interested in how this is gonna go :)

7. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

Nice. Keep up.

8. RedManc

RedManc What's a Dremel?

one day I want a CPU in a black box. beat your aching after that sanding!

9. Gentleman_Dingo

Gentleman_Dingo What's a Dremel?

Nice start BobDBone! subscribed again of course.

Out of curiosity, which box you bringing to PDXLAN?

10. logicmike

logicmike What's a Dremel?

Gonna keep an eye on this :)

11. BOBDBONE

Hopefully I'll be bringing this one. I'm a little behind on this though. All the CES mods ate up all my time.

Thanks for watching guys. :rock:

12. BOBDBONE

Small update.

Have I mentioned how much I love sanding parts? It never seems to end. Just when you think you've sanded everything you realize you set a part down somewhere and now it needs sanded too.

So I have begun the primer phase on quite a few parts. I couldn't get the main case primered yet because I have some more cutting to do.

The plastic parts get a different treatment than the metal parts so it takes a little longer. Plastic has a release agent that needs to be pulled out and cleaned. You can do it by flaming the parts and then wiping down with alcohol or use a plastic prep spray and wipe it down. Then just to be sure, I use an adhesion promoter before I primer. I won't bother showing all those steps = boring.

I will be removing the grille on the side and replacing it with a window.

[​IMG]

It's the kind that's held in with little tabs which makes it nice, except, where the slots are punched out for the tabs to stick through it's a little different shape. So it needs massaged into shape, or cut it off all the way around. I think I will be heading for the machine shop if I can't get it to cooperate.

This is the inside of the right side panel. The green is a Primer - Surfacer. It goes on thick and hides sanding scratches real well. So you wet sand it back down and it leaves a perfectly smooth surface for paint.

[​IMG]

The rest of the parts get a nice coat of white primer since they only needed minor scuffing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pretty exciting stuff I know. But if you want to know a secret about awesome paint jobs - It's all in the prep.

I'm lining up more parts and will update you on those soon. I pulled the psu out of the box and I was blown away. That thing is heavy! Seems to be built to run a small town. I can't wait to start sleeving all the wires... :?

13. k.3nny

k.3nny Minimodder

BwaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH VTEC kicked in YO!

I can apreciate this kind of modding, i am a treu honda civic enthousiast :)

Driving A ej9 1.4 fully NA build myself :)

14. BOBDBONE

Oohhh very nice..
    I appreciate all fast cars - old school muscle, tuners, supercars, etc. Anything that sets you back in the seat when you mash it. :rock:

15. BOBDBONE

Still sanding....

Why does powder coat have to be some damn tough!!
    It's hard to get a smooth paint job when you have a rough texture powder coat underneath. :oops:

I have more parts on the way.

I will share what's coming my way so you can have a sneak peak.

In keeping with the racer theme I found this controller that looks a lot like a speedometer.

[​IMG]

And I want to add some other "gauges" so I'll be using this and I will add more to it. It will measure the cpu and video while it's running.

[​IMG]

I'll put the 2 meters on the outside slots and in the middle I will put this start button.

[​IMG]

That will be the actual power button.

I have some emblems that I'll use in a couple places - coming from Japan

[​IMG]

I'll be using the Enermax name in big letters running down the left panel next to the window I am putting in. They'll be in red and will really stand out against the white case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And on the other side panel I will be putting a huge red sprocket, or whatever you call the logo. Looks like a sprocket kind of.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I will put the various other sponsors names around the sprocket.

I'm in the middle of more sanding painting right now so I'll have another update soon.

8)

16. k.3nny

k.3nny Minimodder

That power button is from a S2000, if u wanna know, pretty cheap when u order it @ honda dealer!

17. BOBDBONE

Holy **** you know your stuff! lol

I got it on Ebay for real cheap.

18. Briaireous

Briaireous What's a Dremel?

This is gonna be amazing, I've seen a couple car themed mods on here but the extra detail like using an actual car engine start button and the Aerocool dash inspired fan controller will definitely set this mod apart :thumb:

19. BOBDBONE

Thanks. I always try to incorporate as many things as possible on theme builds but not too many so that it looks bad. I like things clean and not all cluttered and random.

20. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

This should be good :D:rock:.