1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Is the UK full of weirdos or eccentrics?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 14 Feb 2013.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I was struck by the story of a guy traveling from London to Edinburgh just to camp outside the new Krispy Kreme doughnut emporium.

Story.

So is it eccentric or just plain weird? I lean toward bloody weird and feel people like him should be remove from the gene pool.

2. bigc90210

bigc90210 Teh C

Its most likely either someones over-reaction because its cool to pull stunts and to overreact to things nowadays, or its a PR stunt of some description.

Im guessing there could even be a photo circulating with the guy holding up a sign saying "If i get 1 million likes, il go camp outside of crispy kremes" or some crap like that.

having a quick flick through the article, looks promotional.

Still, crispy kremes are nice (except the ones with the "cream" in, that stuff isnt cream at all!).

Last edited: 14 Feb 2013
    Apophis54 likes this.
  3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Ah, but my general point is people like him seem to be everywhere. They queue for days for grossly over priced mobile phones or games. And he was not alone in spending a stupid amount of time for a heart attack,oops sorry doughnut.

4. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Attention seeker(s).

People queuing for days on end to get the latest shiney white generic smart phone however are just idiots & over reacting- it's only a phone, it isn't revolutionary enough to warrant such demand ( the label on the case does funny things to the minds of weak-willed individuals... ).

5. Boscoe

Boscoe Electronics extraordinaire.

If your into doughnuts then a year supply of doughnuts free seems like a good deal to me!

Apophis54 likes this.
  6. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Doesn't seem like such a mad thing to do for 288 Krispy Kreme doughnuts, unless you realise he's flown back from Istanbul to do it!

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Oh dear you need to get out more.lol

9. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Are you like working for some rival doughnut emporium? Or a health food store? You seem to be very against this Krispy Kreme!

Also - why the hell are so many people so free about calling other people "Idiots" and putting others down for doing things that you wouldn't do? Someone is an idiot for wanting to be a part of something new and interesting? Someone needs to get out more for suggesting a free years supply of doughnuts is a good thing?

I hope people like him DO procreate and create a brand new generation of people with a mind and the energy to go and do things they want to do. What I want less of is people going onto forums and suggesting we remove those unique people from the gene pool. Luckily I will get my wish, as the guy who went to the Krispy Kreme probably has the balls to go out the house and get a woman, whereas people sat alone at their computers don't have women their with them, so they just whine about how they have no women.

TLDR: Quit using the word weirdos. People like different things to you. Deal with it and stop putting people down for it.

P.S. And yes, this country is full of different unique people. Thats part of what makes it so goddamn awesome.

Pliqu3011 likes this.
  10. bigc90210

bigc90210 Teh C

[​IMG]

B1GBUD likes this.
  11. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I would suggest that this forum alone is full of weirdos and eccentrics. I'm probably one of them :p

To the haters, it's a LOL thread, ergo it's a light-hearted diversion not a serious debate. I don't think for a second KRONOS is actually calling for the murder of eccentrics, otherwise he'd be signing his own death warrant.

I hate Krispy Kreme as it happens, proper doughnuts should be freshly made with dough, vegetable oil and sugar. Nothing else.

G0UDG and Apophis54 like this.
  12. rollo

rollo Modder

UK USA has similar people

13. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Jokes on OP. He doesn't seem rich enough to be eccentric.

Apophis54 likes this.
  14. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Thats a fact, I am just weird but I put that down to advancing years.

15. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Is the UK full of weirdos or eccentrics?

God I hope so it would be lonely being the only one :p

Apophis54 likes this.
  16. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

On this forum I am surrounded by freaks alone never mind on the streets of U.K.

17. Sketchee

Sketchee Suddenly, looters! Hundreds of 'em!

[​IMG]

Apophis54 likes this.
  18. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Oh yes, I forgot the forums rule of "nothing in GD can be taken seriously whatsoever" :)

Apophis54 likes this.
  19. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

LOL.

20. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

There is a burger van, that's right, a burger van in Brighton - that is so good, people queue there before they open. But all their burgers are amazing, 8 or 9 quid like, but some of the best burgers I have ever eaten, is called trolls pantry and if you ever in Brighton i suggest you search it out - i believe they are about to start doing food in one of the pubs around here.