1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Silicon Knights closes office and sells kit

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 10 May 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

...it is still yet to fund for bankruptcy.

"file"

another one bites the dust

3. Scroome

Scroome Modder

I really hope the 'spritual successor' to Eternal Darkness doesn't turn in to a steaming turd.

Although I have my doubts.

4. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

Same, that was a really awesome game and deserved more attention.

5. Joey Propane

Joey Propane What's a Dremel?

Agreed. No game has ever given me so many "is this actually happening?!" moments... The fact it was on the GameCube was probably the reason it isn't held in the same regard as the likes of the original Resident Evil and Silent Hill.

The best part for me was when the game decided to make my character grow just enough to not be able to fit through doors, so I was stuck in a room with a bunch of constantly spawning zombies. Because of the panic of the enemies slowly spawning faster than I could kill them I didn't even realise my character had a sudden 1' growth spurt. After a couple of increasingly frustrating minutes my screen went black like the TV went into standby, just as I was about to reset the console (thinking the game had full on broke itself) the screen flashed back up and I was in the middle of the room, on my own, like nothing happened. I genuinely had to sit there for a couple of minutes to contemplate what the frack just happened.

6. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

lol yup, the sanity effects were so fun in that game, and very original. But, GC had a lot of amazing games, including the remake of RE1. By the time of GC's retirement, it had a lot of games that I would consider classics in the future, albeit, it had a greater amount of crappy games compared to other consoles.

7. BeauchN

BeauchN Multimodder

Sorry to say but in para 2 "...a small number of employees is based..." should read "a small number employees are based..." Singular/Plural?

8. BeauchN

BeauchN Multimodder

Unless it is a singular small employee!

9. mute1

mute1 What's a Dremel?

'A small number (of employees) IS ...'

So 'is' is correct, since 'a small number' is the subject of the clause.

10. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

The guys on the Giant Bombcast were just talking about SK and questioned how SK was still around seeing as how virtually all of the SK employees are listed as employees for Precursor. Guess we have our answer now lol.

Tags: Add Tags