1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Ace of Spades Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Baz, 7 Jan 2013.

1. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Last edited: 7 Jan 2013
  2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Minecraft with guns = Roblox, for bigger kids :p

3. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

to me, this could do with some sort of turn based gameplay instead - like worms.

4. Flanananagan

Flanananagan What's a Dremel?

This game was MUCH better before Jagex bought it over. If I had known this before I bought it on Steam, I wouldn't have bothered. Even though I own it on Steam, I'll still play on beta servers that people still have running, more intense, and jetpacks are silly.

5. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

haha skyrim with guns and now mincraft with guns. cant wait for journey with guns :p

6. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

Farmville. With guns.

7. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

oh my hat!!! will play that!.. will help zinga out of its hell hole.

8. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

Does this have offline LAN play?

9. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

No... but it will have ;)

10. S1W1

S1W1 Minimodder

I had a phase some time ago (while this game was still independent and in a fairly early stage of development, with basic graphics and only two choices of gun - standard rifle or submachine gun) when I absolutely loved Ace of Spades. I think it was shortly after AoS appeared in the free games section of CPC (although I may be think of a completely different magazine)...

There was a flat island map shaped like a bow tie or an hour glass (called pinpoint, maybe?) where the opposing teams each started on the fat part at either end, and clashed at the tiny strip in the centre - it was epic. The team work was engaging, the construction was inspired, the fighting was fast and ceaselessly exciting. Both sides would build bunkers, and there would be charges which rarely shifted the position of the front line but were always a laugh.

There were numerous other great maps - two tall tower island connected by a bridge (good for tunnelling), and the map with a long corridor (which ran through a huge block tower) connecting two flat bases at opposite poles (good for sniping). I remember the intense tension of tunnelling underneath the enemy's flag, wondering when you were going to run into an enemy or reach the surface.

I came back to AoS a couple of months ago, after a long delay, and it was rubbish :(. Simplicity really did suit that game with its wonderfully bleak graphics. The recent changes and additions have ruined the original multiplayer dynamic which made AoS so authentic and such easy fun.

Rant over, I think...

11. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Can you still get the original version somewhere?

Tags: Add Tags