1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Crysis PC fully specced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 11 Sep 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

was crisis really ever worth all the fuss about it. The pc seems to have nice specs but it'll probably come out cheaper if you mount your own with the same specs.

3. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

So you got a DX10 oriented Game and you put XP on it.

Makes no sense at all...

4. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

Indeed Obi-Wan the Force is weak in this computer.

S*D

5. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

XP probably works out cheaper. Or they just couldn't pull the performance necessary with all of the DX10/64-bit goodies enabled.

6. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

BTW, I'm playing through Crysis now, just started the VTOL mission and everything up until then has been impressive. I was expecting less storyline or immersion, but I have found, pleasantly, that I am falling in love with FPSs again (left after Jedi Knight series, hard to play FPS games without a light saber...).

There is also the question, proxess, of not whether Crysis is worth, but what other development teams will do with their incredible engine. Here is to hoping that LucasArts licenses Crytek2 and make the definitive lightsaber/Star Wars combat sim.

Redeploying to the South China sea Plasma,
    Star*Dagger

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

wait till you get to the aircraft carrier EPIC FINAL BOSS

8. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Oh hell yeah! :naughty:

It has to be more Kyle Katarn, though - none of this 'prequel' or 'secret apprentice' nonsense. ;)

9. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

Crysis is an excellent game, it has a hate group for some reason, but don't listen to the idiots, comapred to other linear console generic FPS it is a very good game with great combat and interactivity. People tend to hate on it because they assume a game cannot have amazing graphics and gameplay.

10. Deadwolf

Deadwolf What's a Dremel?

Crysis is the next evolution to minuim specs, EA is trying to push consumers to upgrade there PC or buy new ones that will have a minimum spec as the his machine, so that all future games for the next few years will run on this machine or similar machines with with comparable parts.. it's actually a brilliant marketing strategy that i hope some people will follow, instead of buying shitty wal-mart dell's and Compaq's that run on integrated graphics..

11. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Crysis is an good game at most. Really nice visuals, nice physics, but the story is a terrible cliche and the gameplay itself is OK at most. Compared to CoD 4 it is a "mario bros" game.

I am not saying the game is bad! "Au contraire". I just think it is not THAT great. CoD 4 is much more involving.

12. Narishma

Narishma What's a Dremel?

This PC is not for the minority of people who can build their own.

13. djDEATH

djDEATH Habari gani?

agreed. looks like a decent spec base machine (bout the same power as mine effectively) and although i could have built mine for less than they're asking for, ~£400 is not bad at all for a full featured gaming PC, with a warranty and presumably recovery disks and all that kind of stuff. You dont get that if you're building a machine for your brother who knows nothing about it and calls you day in day out for minor tech support issues.

edit: sorry adrian if you are reading, but ffs learn something

14. wiak

wiak What's a Dremel?

why NVIDIA 9800GT?
    a Radeon HD 4870 or 4850 will do way better with AA/AF!

15. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i do plan to pick a copy up once i get back from holiday next week. really enjoyed the original, even the flying part was great fun. and running it max out at 1400x900, very well.

the fact they put XP on it just shows that this PC cannot handle very high.

so what's the point calling this PC if it can't handle maximum setting?

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

id call it a reasonable middlepoint to stop people bitching like tards that crysis is **** because they're machines cant run it.

17. MgM*

MgM* What's a Dremel?

Crysis was or rather will be a milestone in game development tech "at least until hardware catches up to it greedy appetite" till then well i simply wonder why they bother....i mean please, high spec on a $700 machine.... sounds like "advanced" tweaking to me. Not to be too pessimistic tho. just 171 hrs left before Farcry 2 can't wait. Lets hope that will be a better balance of performance, looks and yes "real time graphics".

18. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

There's no screen and speakers? How am I going to play warhead with it?

19. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

amen!!!

20. Jojii

Jojii hardware freak

What resolution are they talking about? Did I miss that in the article? I refuse to play at 640x480. Also, does this computer come with warhead or do you still have to drop money on that too?

Tags: Add Tags