1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Bank Holiday Comp from bit-tech & AMD

Discussion in 'General' started by Pistol Puppy, 22 Aug 2014.

1. Pistol Puppy

Pistol Puppy What's a Dremel?

Hi All,

I attended Multiplay yesterday and when I asked the guys at AMD if I could have a prize for the bit-tech forumites they very kindly said 'YES!'

Sat on my desk is the retail boxed AMD A6 7400K worth approx. £57 and one lucky bit-tech member can win it. Unfortunately I can only post this within the EU though (Sorry everyone else, I'm working on something for you too!).

You can see the full details of the APU here > http://www.scan.co.uk/products/amd-...ore-35ghz-1mb-cache-amd-radeon-r5-756mhz-65w-

HOW TO WIN!

Simple: It's a bank holiday, so tell your fellow forumites something you enjoy doing on long weekends or share ideas that people can try that you may have heard from someone else.

I'll pick a random winner next Tuesday :)

Have a great weekend one and all, Pistol Puppy (or John as my mother calls me)

2. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

This weekend, I am starting to get my way through 25 keyboards that I'm building for people around the world, and I am fixing a broken gigabyte ITX mobo for a Bit-tech forumite.

and tomorrow I will watch the downhill championship final race.

But I wouldn't like to enter your competition :) But it is a nice competition.

Last edited: 22 Aug 2014
  3. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Going camping this weekend with most of my close family in Wales, with a trip to Llandudno Pier for some fishing with my niece, then back home tomorrow for the night and Sunday will pick my sister, my other 2 nieces up and my brother in law and go back to Wales for a family meal, saves my sister paying for the fuel down there as her car will use half a tank of fuel for 200 miles, compared to a quarter of tank in mine.

Then Monday I will probably end up looking at why my grandads pc keeps crashing.

4. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Climbing!

Having spent years mountain biking trying to persuade my other half to join me, we decided to give indoor climbing ago - we both loved it

Combine this with some gaming, family visits and hopefully a bit of sun and that is my bank holiday sorted!

5. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

My bank holiday weekend starts tonight, with a night out for drinks with guys from work because its been months since I've had a catch up with everyone. Saturday will involve a drive over to my girlfriends house as she is about a hours drive away so we mostly see each other at weekends. Once there sat night will be come nice food and a few drinks :)

Sunday I get set to work on bits around her new house, think general labouring, lifting etc. My reward for my hard efforts (weather permitting) will be a nice BBQ and evening of relaxing. Monday Bank holiday will be spent being quite greatful for being away from work for an extra day, spot of shopping to take advantage of any bank holiday sales / offers. Around 15:00 in the afternoon I'll make the drive back home to pickup my daughter from her mothers house so I get to have a few hours daddy time before I switch off for the evening, early night ready for Tuesday and my return to the usual grind :(

Anyone else sad we're running out of bank holidays this year lol

6. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I'm working this Bank Holiday weekend, Such is the delight of working in retail.

Sam

7. ashchap

ashchap Minimodder

Catch up on some gaming, bit of DIY, maybe go out for a walk :)

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I am going to continue to try and get my cat to walk on a lead. She insists on accompanying me to collect the paper in the morning but her road sense leaves a lot to be desired. So far she will accept the harness, put on the lead and she becomes a snarling hissing bundle of claws and teeth.

But the bank holiday roads will be quiet and there will also few people about to see me wrestling with this killer beast. A good day for training.

9. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

I'm engaging in the oldest of manly traditions this weekend.

I'm drinking tonight (leaving do for a mate).
    I'm drinking tomorrow (beer festival) followed by watching some fisticuffs in the evening (UFC is on)
    Sunday will probably be spent in the garden putting up a shed.
    Monday will be relaxing and having a tasty hot curry for dinner.

Drinking, shed building and curry eating.
    Best BH weekend ever :D

10. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Warcraft & Masturbation.

Rinse and repeat.

But in all seriousness I'm planning on migrating my 12U Cisco Lab to a 32U Telco rack.
    Patching everything to patch pannels so I only need to cable kit once! :)

Last edited: 22 Aug 2014
  11. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

As little as possible for as long as possible...

Other than that - Mainly distracting myself from not having a working pc by staring at an xbox game I don;t really want to play thinking how much better it'd be on a PC...

12. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I shall be continuing with the great Grandpa's driving lessons in authentic british bank holiday traffic jams!

13. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I will mostly be cleaning newborn poo that looks like wholegrain mustard, suffering sustained bouts of crying noises interspersed with the occasional "cute" moment, trying to keep my 3 year old entertained by visiting a soft play centre and visiting every park in the South, watching the F1* (Spa - yay!), shopping for an Ultrabook and trying to spend some time with my lovely missus in between everything else :naughty:

* I will probably end up watching the F1 recorded in the wee small hours, since my life during normal waking hours is too packed to think about my own activities.

EDIT: Chinese food might also be involved somewhere along the way too.

14. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Bank Holiday weekends for me are usually for two things;

1) Marathon games/movie session - usually games as it's always fun to do a live gaming stream on Twitch with people jumping in throughout the weekend to join in the madness.

2) Baking with my niece

This weekend will be option number two, as my niece is visiting for a week so we're starting it all off with a massive baking extravaganza.

Nexxo likes this.
  15. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

1) SW4 This weekend, Then the after party on Saturday night. Luckily My mate works for an Artist Management so this event is completely free for me.

2) Notting Hill Carnival on Monday, Haven't been in years due to working on these days. Im not letting it get away from me this time. Come at me Redstripe & Jerk Chicken!

3) Clearing my wardrobe of about 80% of the contents and donating most of my clothes to charity.

16. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Staying at home and relaxing maybe play a game.

Thinking about all the idiots that went away for the bank holiday with the kids and are stuck in traffic with the kids screaming :hehe:

17. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

It's the missus birthday this weekend, so I'm taking her to a BBQ Sunday, the races Monday and a short break to Rome next week...and she doesn't know about any of it :)

18. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Spending this bank holiday weekend either working in the fantastic world of retail, and then if not working on my masters dissertation which is due next month.

19. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

So did anyone win then?

20. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I approve of that post. :thumb:

This bank holiday weekend I:
    - cleaned up an antique dressing table mirror and polished it with our own beeswax
    - baked an apple and blackberry pie with blackberries from the in-law's allotment

[​IMG]

- started planning a home-built passively cooled HTPC. There will be walnut and aluminium with brass detailing.

Last year I was frantically extracting honey from our hive as well. This year I haven't quite had such a bumper crop. Never mind, I still have half the jars left of last year so we'll manage for a while longer.