1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Dyack: "Too Human is 15 to 80 hours long"

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 13 Aug 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. 1ad7

1ad7 What's a Dremel?

"And to get all the epic loot - I don't even know if it's possible to get everything in the game, it's probably not - not for a single person."

about 100,000 people just got a little excited about that statement.... i have a feeling someone will beat the game with all the loot in 100 hours or less :) but not me Ill be done in 13 if I ever play it

3. CardJoe

I don't know. To make a game which is only 15 hours long for a first play, but 80 hours if you want to get all the 'epic loot'....that just sounds like a grindfest in the making to me.

If it was 80 hours to see all the story or to complete all the quests (as you might say to describe something like Deus Ex or Baldur's Gate 2) then I'd be interested. To say it like this however has me feeling uneasy.

4. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Aye. If it had been put in a "15 hours for main quest, 80 hours for all the side-quests" then I wouldn't be so uncertain.

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I.. I think this is going to be one of those 'single player MMORPG' games more than anything else :/

Nearly ten years of work for an 80 hour grind, go team!

6. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Except it has co-op. I'm not that bothered about the play time, I'll probably want to play it through with every class so I should get my monies worth. I'm not really that bothered about epic loot, it's there if people want it, if you don't want to do a grindfest, then don't do it, it would only be a tiny portion of the actual content.

7. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

Yes ditto, all that extra gameplay shouldn't just be 'to reach the top level'. 15 hours of gameplay for the actual game itself seems somewhat frugal...

8. CardJoe

I'd say that in the course of any game the main quest should really lead you through 75% of the content, tbh - if you define that purely as being taken to all the locations and given a chance to accept or refuse most quests. The remainder should be left for dedicated players. It shouldn't be the other way around - 25% for the first tun, 75% of the content is only for dedicated players.

Naturally, there are exceptions in the form of open-world games like Oblivion though...

9. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

is it xbox360 only? or is it pc also?

10. CardJoe

xbox360 only

11. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

too bad.

12. Narishma

Narishma What's a Dremel?

For now.

13. CardJoe

..BWHAHAHAHA

14. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Pre-ordered :)

I'm hoping it'll pan out better than HellGate London, because that's what it reminds me most of

15. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

I would maybe rent the game just to see the story, but I wouldn't buy it outright.

I played the demo, and while the graphics are indeed very pretty, the combat system feels clunky and badly thought-out.

for starters, a normal individual cannot slide 10 feet across a floor, impale an enemy, then slide 20 feet in exact opposite direction and hit another one.

not to mention the guns never run out of ammunition. :nono:

the camera angles also feel like they were put together by a chipmunk on something illegal.

16. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

After unlocking the other classes and figuring out the little nuances of the combat system I thought the game was really fun. I don't know if I'll buy it because it'll take up so much time, but I'm definitely considering it.

@Bluepheonix: How can you complain about realism in a game like this, its a really far cry from anything that actually exists, your guy is supposed to be an Aesir or something right? Also their technology is obviously way ahead of ours, who's to say they couldn't create guns with infinite ammo. It's kind of silly to complain about realism with a game like this, its like complaining that God of War is unrealistic.

17. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

well, I supposed you have a point there, but if you look closely, they are just technologically enhanced humans that are part of "aesir corp." (look on the cutscene where he's talking to the guy with the glasses)

the main thing that turned me off though was that there was really no penalty for dying in the game.

alot of people hate death penalties in games, but don't realize thats the thing that gives the incentive to try harder. just like with bioshock, you can simply take the brute force and ignorance method and just forget about how many times you died finishing something.

18. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Really? I heard the opposite on other forums: that graphics were jaggy and pixelated, but controls were really good. Who do I believe!? (j/k)

Tags: Add Tags