1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft temporarily pulls Windows 10 Insider Preview builds

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 14 Jul 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Two weeks isn't a very long time for the Microsoft execs to break everything the engineers and insiders achieved. ;) J/K

3. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

I'm gonna be waiting to see which games (if any) win10 consigned to the history books before taking the free up-grade.

That and for the early adopters to finish the inevitable bug hunt.

4. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

You're going to have a long wait then, the early adopters are going to be Windows 10 home edition users, well actually that will be the insiders that choose to continue testing new builds after release.

Bug hunting in Windows 10 now gets done by the fast ring, slow ring, home edition (enforced updates), then finally rolled out to the pro edition users/corporate customers.

5. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

I'm a bit shocked the RTM build is not finished. Something special is going to have to happen to make me upgrade before Christmas which is when I'll look at moving my main rig over.

6. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

I've been using the insider builds for a while now (currently on 10162) and I'm really impressed. ALL my software works, it looks beautiful....no complaints from me whatsoever.

7. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

^^ this
    Really loving it and been very surprised with the recent update of Spartan to Edge and it's actually pretty decent as a browser goes.
    Very much looking forward of the end of the month now

8. silk186

silk186 Derp

I'm on 10166 and I've been using it since the consumer preview released. I've only had a few bugs (AMD driver needed to be installed and a shutdown error) and have really enjoyed it. I see no reason for others not to upgrade.

9. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

I really enjoyed using it and everything worked, but I had two serious update issues with different builds where I needed to format using Linux to fix, formating with Windows didn't work. I really like Windows 10, but I'm a bit apprehensive about having to waste another day sorting an update issue out.