1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News New Arma II: Operation Arrowhead trailer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 10 Jun 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. StoneyMahoney

StoneyMahoney What's a Dremel?

Wow! It's like Battlefield 2 with innocent civilians :D Wish I had a rig capable of running it on those settings... I'd charge people to look at it...

3. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

'Takistani army'.

I wonder what they're implying! :duh:

4. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I really need to get back into ARMA II, I haven't played since my clan split up. :(

5. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

Can't wait for this. The word is pretty much all third party content from Arma 2 will just port right over with minimal work, so pretty soon all the old mods will be running alongside the new stuff. It's cool to see a more Afghan setting as well, I mean for a military simulator it always struck me as odd that Arma 2 wasn't set in a comparable environment to the one where most of the Western world's armies were fighting. It also seemed a bit anachronistic to pick the Russians as the enemy force. Here's hoping that chasing nutters round mountains with heavily armed drones is as fun as it looks :D

6. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

epic trailer!

7. Chocobollz

Chocobollz What's a Dremel?

Well, that's easy to guess. Just change the "T" in "Takistani" with "P"! And there you go :)

8. jaseuk

jaseuk What's a Dremel?

Yep really looking forward to this coming out. Just pre-ordered from Play.com for £16.99 which I thought was a bargain :D

9. sharpethunder

sharpethunder Minimodder

ArmA 2 is the king milsim far more fun to play than the compertion looking forward to this game p.s i looking forward to push my rig to the limit.

965 7i
    128gb crusuil m225 ssd
    12gb ram
    2x 5870
    2tb hdd
    os win7

10. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

that lookd awesome. been holding on from grabbing a copy of ARMA2 since im scared itll suck too much of my life.... :p

are there any multiplayer btw?

11. robots

robots What's a Dremel?

Looks brilliant. I just fear running it on my PC.

12. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Yes, just like Arma II, it does support multiplayer.

I'm installing the gold code now so I can play it today for the upcoming bit-tech review :)

13. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I could never get into this, it was always just too fiddly :( Which is a shame as I know I'd have loved it

14. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Looks pretty sweet, been meaning to grab a copy of ArmA2 for ages now, keep forgetting about it!

15. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

Why doesn't Arma II get mentioned along other graphical Titans such as Crysis? The graphics are awesome and the vehicle and weapon details are excellent. Plus the game isn't boring and it has a better multi player.

16. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

We have tried benchmarking with Arma II, but it's just not stable enough for us to use as a regular benchmark unfortunately. It's a shame, as it's a great game and far more resource hungry than Crysis, so is a great way to make hardware breakdown and cry.

17. LightningPete

LightningPete Diagnosis: ARMAII-Holic

WAIT!
    before you all going denouncing the what looks to be epic standalone expansion for ARMA2... do a bit of research.

I have discovered that the minimum and recommended specifications to run this game are lower than that of the original arma2. Also the graphics engine has been updated: rather than improved very much, its given a 'bolster' to help make it more streamlined as it were.

Anyone also noticed that a lot of the extras are pretty much what A.C.E. did with arma2? :p

Finally the CPU/GPU ratio has been modified for the newer standalone expansion, where the latter is given more to do and the former less to do.... This was obvious in ARMA2, where the CPU was a major factor... even an i7 920 overclocked struggled sometimes!

Tags: Add Tags