1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Recommending a monitor - £140 budget

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Deewon, 10 Dec 2012.

1. Deewon

Deewon What's a Dremel?

Hi All,

A friend has asked me to find him a decent monitor to buy with a budget of £140. It will primarily be used for gaming with some movie viewing. I've had a look around the forums and elsewhere and found the following. Just after any opinions from yourselves.

LG IPS234V IPS LED 23" - £132.46
    Samsung S23B300B 23" LED LCD - £131.50

He also mentioned he would squeeze an extra £20 if the difference was really worth it. With that I found the;

Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM 23" IPS LED - £155.29

Any advice which to pick or any other suggestions? Would the Dell be worth stretching for?

2. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Spend the extra on the Dell, height and rotate adjustable stand, better panel and build quality and longer warranty are all worth the extra £20.

3. TheDodoKiller

TheDodoKiller Minimodder

I've got the slightly older LG IPS231, It uses the same panel, and I can say that it's good, but not great.

I'm starting to notice that all of the colours are bit washed, and adjusting things doesn't really help. I'm also thinking it's not saturated enough.

Having seen the Dell, I much prefer the colours on it. I've not had the chance to use it for any period of time, but it's impressive.

4. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Apparently the LG made monitors have some backlight bleed, the Dell panels do not suffer this is comparison.

5. Deewon

Deewon What's a Dremel?

Great thanks guys :) now I'm jealous and want one for myself :(

6. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

+1 for the Dell.