1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Logitech G600 Mouse

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bushi, 19 Jul 2012.

1. bushi

bushi What's a Dremel?

Hi,

Does anyone have this mouse yet? Or maybe planning on getting it?

[​IMG]

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/mice-keyboard-combos/g600-mmo-gaming-mouse

I really want to know how if feels and what it's like trying to grip onto it when moving it a round, picking it up etc.

I think I'm a half claw grip type.

It just seems like the 3rd finger doesn't really have anywhere to grip, and I'm not sure if gripping with mainly the pinky is a good idea. Could cause cramping.

Dunno how long it will be till it's released here, but it might be a while before I get a chance to get my hands on one in a store.

Cheers.

2. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

The same grip style is employed on the ikari, Mionix naos, and CM Storm Spawn.

The 3rd finger grips along WITH the pinky, they both do the work. But I still get cramps because the pinky is too far to the side which I personally find annoying. Although it doesn't seem so far in this mouse.

Great find! I'll be looking to try one in the near future.

Last edited: 19 Jul 2012
  3. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

You're not meant to grip it with your ring Finger, only your pinkie. Your ring finger rests on the Thrid (G-shift) mouse button.

I've had mine two days now and it actually is really comfortable for long sessions, I was worried about only using my pinkie but after you get used to it, its fine. I use a mix of claw and palm grips aswell. Where you grip with the pinkie is actually covered in rubber so it makes lifting etc really easy. The g9-g20 Burtons are easy to reach, you may struggle with the last few at first but its just muscle memory, takes so getting used to.

I went from a Death Adder mouse to this so it's quite a weird feeling at first. The g600 is wider and slightly shorter than it.

After using it for an hour today, my wrist really started to ache but I'm not sure if it's because of the mouse or from work. Going to have to test it over the weekend, if it's the mouse looks like a return. :(

Last edited: 19 Jul 2012
  4. bushi

bushi What's a Dremel?

I use fairly normal-low sensitivity so I need to be able to pick it up a lot.

If it's too awquard for this, I will look into the G700 instead for now.

Keep us updated, cheers.

5. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

If it turns out to be the mouse, sell it to me and I'll review it! I have a couple mice for trade too, which coming from a DA I think you'll like.

6. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

G700 is an amazing mouse!

Does the G600 have free scroll wheel?

7. allanparker

allanparker What's a Dremel?

As for the laser sensor, Logitech rates the resolution at 200 to 8200 dpi (you can change it on-the-fly), image processing at 11.25 megapixels per second, max acceleration at 25G, and max speed of up to 160 inches per second. Other features include a G-Shift function (assign it to a button to double the number of functions on all the others), braided USB cable, and low-friction feet.

8. bushi

bushi What's a Dremel?

No free scroll wheel, so a bit of a downgrade.

I've just ordered myself the G700, but would still love to see a review from someone who loses low/normal sensitivity and a claw grip.

9. longweight

I am planning a review for my site some time next week, I use quite high sensitivity for most things and then use one of the buttons to drop it down for sniping duties.

It is an amazing mouse, I use most of the extra buttons for media keys which is great.

You will not regret your purchase!

10. bushi

bushi What's a Dremel?

Sorry, I meant a review of the G600. Because it has to be mainly picked up with the thumb and PINKY, causing handcramps maybe?

11. longweight

Ah ok. Why would anyone pick the mouse up?

12. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

depending on your desk space/grip it's quite common to pick mice up when in use!

13. longweight

But why? Is a standard mouse mat not large enough? I've never picked my mouse up and I can't quite see why people do?

14. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

If you fingertip grip, you generally hate to move the pivot point on your wrist. A more effective method is to lift and reposition when you go too far.

you wouldn't understand being a palm gripper :)

Then again as you use acceleration, you would notice that in a very fast outward movement and then slow movements back to the centre: your original, neutral, cursor-at-the-centre mouse position has now moved out. How to get it back to the comfort zone? Reposition.

If I didn't know you lw, I would suspect trolling! Can't believe that some people just don't ever reposition :lol:

15. longweight

I do indeed rest my palm on the top of my MX revolution, I have the acceleration and sensitivity set so that with a flick I can cross the 3840 pixels of both monitors and I try to use the smallest movements possible.

Trying out the claw grip I can see why some would need to lift it to reposition the mouse but it gives me hand cramps if I try to do it for too long!

16. bushi

bushi What's a Dremel?

Then you must think that my sensitivity is incredibly incredibly slow.

I also never use acceleration. Maybe I should make a quick video of my hand using my mouse in windows.

I am pretty much CONSTANTLY lifting my mouse up. I like to have my cursor go at the exact speed of my hand.