1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Android install woes

Discussion in 'Software' started by JD_LincsUK, 8 Nov 2012.

1. JD_LincsUK

JD_LincsUK Dad's ArmA

I have put live-android onto a disc to try and run it on my Acer Aspire One D260 (N450).

It comes with Windows 7 basic and an Android partition, but I didn't try and activate Android until 18 months after I started using the notebook, but it didn't do anything.

On info obtained here on the forum, I downloaded live-android and today I tried it out.

I see that besides the live android function, there is an option to install Android on my netbook. Whether this is normal or whether it is because my netbook comes (in theory) with an Android partition, I don't know.

Anyhoo - I chose the option to install android to my hard drive (bottom option):

[​IMG]

After a few screens of preparation, I was asked which partition I wanted to use. This is what's duffing me up at the moment. This is what's on offer:

[​IMG]

and I haven't the foggiest which one is which.

My hard drive (only one) has four partitions - 5 if you count the bit that doesn't get formatted. In windows disc manager, from left to right the partitions are:

Recovery : Android (D) : SYSTEM : Acer (C) :

But I can't translate that to

[​IMG]

It's an awful long time since I dabbled in any DOS except windows - I do a bit of AmigaDOS and MSDOS as a side hobby, but only the real basics. I have a feeling I should know what sda is all about - but I don't! :blush:

I have a sneaking feeling it's sda4 - but as soon as it wants to 'format' I chicken out. I have lots of valuable (to me) documents for all my PC related stuff on this notebook - as well as my Kindle books.

So if anyone could give me a clue as to which one of those is the Android partition, I'd be most grateful.

live-android seems to work, but never gets as far as logging in, because it can't seem to run the WiFi.