1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Mr Dennis

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Lance, 23 Jun 2014.

1. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Felix Dennis, once owner of these forums has passed away.

I wanted to start a thread to say RIP to him. I know as a forum we haven't always gotten along but as someone who has known him for the last 4 years I can tell you for all of his business Felix Dennis has been an amazing man, who has done amazing things and always helped others along the way.

For those of you that didn't know this, Felix fought the power in his youth and won actually going to prison for producing a magazine that was considered to corrupt the minds of the youth. He was only able to get out of prison after writing a song with John Lennon to pay for his legal fees and then went on to be the first person to say C-ahem-nt on live TV to David Frost.

Since I've known him Felix has been planting a forest, drinking wine and reading poetry, which is really what I hope the rest of the old hippies are still doing.

So goodbye Mr Dennis and I hope whatever hippy land you've disappeared off to there is a tree to sit under and a bottle of wine to quaff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 23 Jun 2014
  2. RTT

RTT #parp

The bloke's a legend and a true nutcase; RIP

3. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

RIP and thanks for the forums. Keep some wine cold for me as well whilst you there.

4. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Yeah despite being a A'hole with the forum he did produce the Mag Viz and the furry freak brothers which I read a lot back in the hippie days lol as the saying goes if you remember it you wasn't actually part of it

Last edited: 24 Jun 2014
  5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I thought that The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers was an underground publication by Gilbert Sheldon? (And yeah, I grew up on that stuff too. And Robert Crumb. :))

6. Teelzebub

You're right furry freak bro's was American and Viz was English with Buster Gonads if memory serves me right those days was ....well fuzzy lol Fat Freddy's cat ( Furry Freak bro's ) was one of my favourites lol

7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

8. Teelzebub

Think I'll get one, as you say great times though certainly a different world

I had a Jack Russell dog many years ago she was just like fat Freddy's cat lol

Last edited: 24 Jun 2014
  9. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I think the issues were with the company bearing his name rather than him personally...

anyway... he's probably swapping rude jokes with Rik Mayall...

10. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

Is that the one that used to steal bottles of milk from the fridge, put them in her bed and sleep curled up to them? :hehe:

11. Teelzebub

Yup cartons actually and would stash toast and old tea bags under the pillow of my bed, she would often steal my steak dinner ffs and if you punished her then you should get ready for all out war lol

12. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

He threw a snowball at David Frost, yes I find that funny. :hehe:

Did time & made a song with Lennon & helped bit-tech. :clap:

RIP to a nice guy who probably planted more trees than he used, good man. :D