1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Form Factor <£600 Mini ITX Gaming rig

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gravebond, 24 Jul 2011.

1. Gravebond

Gravebond What's a Dremel?

Hey guys, im looking to replace my old but extremely trusty Dell Xps M1710 laptop that has served me well *strokes*.
    So i fancy going for a mini ITX build as i want something that can be taken to a friends and doesnt take up much space on top of table i usually play my games from.
    So here's the list of parts ive chosen;

Case: Silverstone Sugo SG05BB-450 Mini ITX Case
    CPU: Intel CPU i3 2120 Sandy Bridge
    MotherBoard: Asus P8H67-I Mini ITX 1155
    RAM: Corsair Memory XMS3 4GB DDR3 1333 Mhz
    HDD: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200
    GFX Card: 1GB Palit GeForce GTX 560 NVIDIA
    CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Slim X3 CL-P0534 36 mm

Total of £530 w/o Windows 7 but i need that so plus £70 for an OEM version! = £600

The primary use of this rig is going to be playing the following (but not exclusively) games; World of Warcraft, TF2 and BFBC2.

I would like to be able to play future games like Skyrim, BF3 and Guild Wars 2 with good settings when they come out later this year.

The only other thing i will be using the system for is recording gameplay videos using FRAPS and some light video editing.

I wondered if you chaps could point out any problems that may arise making this build due to the parts ive chosen and wether you can recommend better performing or better value components.