1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News PlayStation 4 Firmware 4.50 blamed for Error NW-31297-2 Wi-Fi bug

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 23 Mar 2017.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

I dropped the awful 2.4ghz only wifi in favour of ethernet as soon as I got mine.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I've just done the same with my Sky Q box, 'cos there's been a known issue for the best part of a year whereby it stops loading thumbnails and pops up network connection errors even though the network is actually working fine and things are downloading exactly as they should.

Also because the 5GHz support is absolutely broken. Seems that Sky expect you to have 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks sharing the same SSID, so when you scan for a network it only scans the 2.4GHz channels. Connect to one of those, and if there's a 5GHz connection with the same SSID and password it'll connect to that by preference - but there's no other way of doing it. I run 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks on two SSIDs, so I can choose which each of my devices uses, and the Sky box just won't have it: input the 5GHz SSID manually, connection failure; turn the 2.4GHz radio off entirely in the engineer's menu, connection failure and nothing shows up on the scan. So annoying!

</rant>

4. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

I have always had my PS3 and PS4 on ethernet. Problem avoided!

5. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Yeah, me too. I always opt for a wired connection wherever possible.

6. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Wow, this is so convoluted and utterly moronic. Surely it took extra dev effort to do this versus, you know, the sane person's way that everyone else uses?

7. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

The sky q problem drives me utterly insane. The damned box even turned Wi-Fi on one evening as a result of an update. It brought my whole Unifi universe down. It's mental.

8. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I'm guessing it's not an issue for everyone? I upgraded to 4.50 and have to use my PS4 on WiFi for certain things (covered by NDAs) and it was fine. Hopefully it doesn't stop being fine :worried:

9. Locknload

Locknload Jolly Good Egg

I had this similar issue with dual SSID on my new LG tv. It will not allow me to connect wireless at all now?

^$&*)****!