1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ABIT AN8 32X

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 28 Mar 2006.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. warlockza

warlockza FirstZoom.tv

Good one Tim, This board seems to be an excellent start on the road to recovery. Well done ABIT..;-)
    (oops, just broke my arm patting myself on the back..hehe)

3. Griff65

Griff65 What's a Dremel?

4. Tim S

Tim S OG

Damn, that's a good deal, thanks for the heads up and welcome to the forums! :thumb:

5. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

Nice board - i like the SATA cables :D ...however I'm still in favour of the Asus A8R32-MVP if you are not after SLI!!

6. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I can't imagine needing a single socket 939 board any time soon, but that looks like a VERY nice board. I love all the SATA sockets and the RAID 5 functionality. Also nice to see GB LAN going mainstream. Now if the price on GB switches would only come down some.

Only Bit-Tech would refer to water cooling as "One of the more aminstream cooling soulutions on the market" :D:D

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

8. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Im with you on good step, Tim; this board is definitely a step in the right direction. (even further would be to clone the Ultimate Motherboard :D)

9. EK-MDi

EK-MDi What's a Dremel?

As soon as I read, "lack of legacy connectors on the back I/O panel", this board became my new optimum performance choice of a motherboard :). I've been waiting so long for this.

10. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Evidently you havent noticed the DFI Nforce 4 SLI series - those dont have legacy either ;) Seriously, if you dont want legacy connectors, you can easily desolder the buggers (Im starting to think I may want to make TuM's PATA socket removable :worried: )

11. EK-MDi

EK-MDi What's a Dremel?

Kool. Thanks for notifying me of that.
    And as a customer, I expect not to have to take such measures ("desolder the buggers"), just to lose the legacy hardware on my products. At least companies are starting to make the change now, so I won't have to.

12. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Remember Abit's AT7? That one dumped the legacy connectors with a Socket A board. Once again, Abit leads the way :clap:

13. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

Good review :)

Certainly a nice one from Abit there - good to see that they're making their way steadily back into the market. This looks like one of the best 939 enthusiast boards there is and, combined with traditional Abit stability, it's certainly an excellent choice.

14. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Dissapointing about the "maximum clock" 272 seems pretty week, especially since some of us have seen near 400 out of DFI products...

15. Tim S

Tim S OG

We got 340MHz out of the board :confused:

There isn't memory available that's fast enough to cope with that kind of HTT - this CPU doesn't seem to like more than 280MHz HTT (in general), but we've had the memory running at 337MHz 1:1 with another CPU that's no longer in the office.

FWIW, I've seen over 400MHz on the DFI with a divider. ;)

16. customh

customh conflagration.

Good review, don't know if i need this much performance, but nonetheless good review.

17. BUFF

BUFF What's a Dremel?

decent review, I'm oh so tempted ...
    When are you doing an AT8 32X review :naughty:

Btw 400HTT has been reported as achieved on the Abit forums so it's probably the usual sympathetic component/time to tweak situation.

18. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I was chuffed to bits with the NF7-S as it was a great performer and solid as a rock. I upgraded to S939 and thought i would stick with my now trusted Abit and bought a AN8-Ultra. It did everything i wanted and also performed very well until i upgraded my Ram and it was never stable again. After much pulling of hair swapping out components i determined the board was faulty and sent it back for RMA.

9 weeks later still no replacement! :grr:

Abit are going to have to make a LOT of improvements before i would recommend then to anyone again. :eyebrow:

19. lepre

lepre Minimodder

how does the sound perform on this board?
    actually i have a nf7-s and audio is very distrurbed, and with a good headset (sennheiser hd-280) that's VERY annoying! (i can hear when i move the mouse on the screen...i can even register it! :( )

20. RobinBen

RobinBen What's a Dremel?

ABit is dead.My favorite mainboard is ASUS A8N32SLi.

Tags: Add Tags