1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant To the people who can't spare 5-30 seconds

Discussion in 'General' started by Thacrudd, 28 Aug 2008.

1. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

If there is one thing I can't stand, it's people that can't take 10-30 seconds out of their time to make things easier for everyone. Here's a couple examples.

1. When you can't walk 20 feet to the nearest buggy (or trolley for you Brits ;) ) deposit at the supermarket. Instead you just leave it in the nearest parking space for someone to hit and ram in to someone else's car. If you do actaully put it in the deposit you just roll it in there filling up the space with 5 buggies when you can push them together and easily fit 20 or so.

2. When you have an item in the supermarket and just put it anywhere instead of putting it back in it's rightful place. I've even seen this done with frozen food put in the canned food section. Your wasting someone elses's time and money because you're in too big of a hurry to take an extra 30 seconds out of your day. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

3. When on a one lane road where you have to pull slightly over to let someone by, you put the safety of yourself and others in question by just whizzing by instead of either pulling over yourself or giving me the 2.5 seconds to get to a safe spot to let your ass get by without rolling off the side of the mountain.

4. You just can't wait until the next trash can comes along to throw your large Baskin Robbins Heath Shake away. You would rather balance it on the hundred other things to give the cleanup crew a nice big smelly game of Jenga to play when they come to get it.

I know it's a lost cause to complain of such things, but seriously, are people in such a rush that they can't spare 10-30 seconds of their life? I dare them to give me a reason.

2. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

I did that the other day :p, pizza's where £1.25 is one part then i saw some for £1 *swaped*

I work in a shop aswell and i hate sorting it out, though when im a customer i don't bother putting stuff back.

3. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Take up more of the road and then they can't get past.

4. K

K 528491

This is my number one pet-peeve I think. I guess it's from working in a supermarket when I was younger. If you're gonna stick something frozen or chilled in the wrong section instead of putting it back properly you might as well have stolen it, cause it's gonna have to get chucked out. What a complete waste.

5. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

The other day I was stopped at a red light behind a nice sports car. I saw a shopping cart (or trolley for you Brits ;) ) being blown by the wind towards it at a pretty good speed. As in it would leave a dent for sure. I was about to hit the horn to try and get they guys attention as I wouldn't be able to get out and get it in time when a van came to a screeching halt and a kid jumped out and grabbed the kart. Buddy in the sports car didn't even notice because he was too busy on his cell phone. :wallbash:

6. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

That made me giggle. Seriously, though, this is the one point I really agree with. I despise people who litter. It's an act that perfectly embodies self-importance and a lack of concern for others.

7. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

this is the only one i disagree with. stores are big. it is going to take way more than 30s to walk all the way to the other side of the store to put something back. it is somebody's job to go around the store with a cart and put things back in their rightful location (yes K, i've had this job too), and this is a lot more efficient than everybody walking around refiling their groceries. obviously don't leave your frozen stuff out to melt, but worrying about keeping the store organized is not you job.

8. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

Straight BS. "It's someone else's job" is a prime example of laziness and inconsiderence. Just hearing/reading it makes me cringe. Why make someone else do it when you can do it yourself? I was always taught if you don't want something, put it back where you got it.

9. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Er, the fact that they get paid to do it? Seems obvious I would've thought.

10. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

That's no reason to make more work for people through lazyness. Do you put stuff in the bin when you're in public? People get paid to pick that up.

If you have a cleaner at home, does that mean you can spit on the floor? :eyebrow:

11. toric334

toric334 What's a Dremel?

2 irritates me hugely. Still working in a supermarket :wallbash: and having to move chilled products from the tins seems to be something done horribly regularly.

12. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

QFT. I always take my rubbish (trash, garbage for you Americans) out with me and dispose of it despite most people insisting there are 'people who get paid to do that'. I don't want to go around making someone else's job any more unenjoyable than it probably already is, and I don't see it is their responsibility to clean up after me as if I'm 5 years old just because I paid to be there.

13. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

Reduced to Clear... a piece of artwork in the eyes of a student

Realising some lazy git's just put it there because they can't be bothered taking it back? ... that makes me angry

14. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

my personal pet peave atm, is similar to the rubbish one mentioned. People throwing glass bottles onto the road/path, had to replace my rear back tire the other day as it was stuffed by glass shards (not just the tube the whole damm thing), on the days i ride home at about 5pm i can see it glisting all over the damm road

15. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

thacrudd, dont they have huge fines for littering out there? i know in North Carolina I saw signs saying littering resulted in something like a minimum of a $1000 fine. and that city ( Concord/Kannapolis ) I dont remember seeing really any litter at all.

16. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

I used to process food wastes in a grocery store. About $5,000-$10,000 per week lost to end-of-life or misplaced foods.

17. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I hate when people pull a #2

you picked it up and you should put it back

18. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I hate it when people do a #3, and cause damage to my car because I've had to practically park in the hedge so we don't have a head on. It's probably a good thing there isn't room to turn the car around :/

As for littering, that really pisses me off. Especially in populated areas where there's a bin every ten damned feet. Littering is just plain lazyness, and those that do it are just ****-heads, no exceptions.

19. Major

Major Guest

Well I do #1 and #2 all the time, but not that bad i.e. I'f pick up a tin, and maybe put it in the pasta bit etc. Trolleys is a tricky one though, sometimes they deposit is 15 secs away and I'll take it back, but if it's ages away I'll leave it on the side, job done.

At the end of the day, there are people paid to collect the trolleys, and there are shelf stackers/sorters also paid for the same thing.

20. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

#1 isn't a problem that much anymore (at least round here), since most supermarkets now make you put a pound in the slot to be able to use the trolley - the fact that it's got money in it is enough to make 99% of people take the time to put them back in the trolley park to get it out.

Although, if you're lucky enough to get to the supermarket when one of the 1% of people have been there, want to use that trolley, and take it back, you get a free pound!!

Tags: