1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Different Folding Clients

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Norfolk'N'Good, 1 May 2009.

1. Norfolk'N'Good

Norfolk'N'Good Folding Chimp

I have a P4 D 3.4ghz@3.7 :blush:and have been running the FAH504 Console on both cores 1@100% and the other @80% along with my 8600GT which runs the GPU2 client, question is, would the Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008 SMP client console version 6.23 beta for Deino MPI give any more points?
    I understand that for this client you have to use a Windows user and pw which i dont really want to set up, that is why i am running that client.

Any ideas,

Thx, Norfolk

[folding]un=Norfolk'N'Good&t=35947[/folding]

2. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

The SMP client is best suited to four core processors. In that situation SMP will give more PPD than four uniprocessor clients.

3. Norfolk'N'Good

Thanks i understand now, thanks for the reply.

4. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

If you want to increase your PPD, use two uniprocessor clients v.6.23, configure Core Priority as Lowest Possible (for both instances), and configure your GPU client with Core Priority as Slighly Higher, and use GPU drivers 181.20

5. Norfolk'N'Good

Ok, driver updated, was on the 179 version, GPU settings tweaked, PPD has increased, sooo easy when you know how!

Many thx