1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Folding has died!

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Petaflops, 10 Sep 2015.

1. Petaflops

Petaflops Minimodder

Hi.
    I've noticed for a while now that my folding has stopped on my machine. Initially I just assumed that they had run out of work, so I left it and went on holiday. Still nothing when I came back, and then I upgraded to Windows 10, but still nothing. The main FAH screen is just blank with no information where it should be. It says it is online, but there are no slots recorded or any work etc. I'm not really sure what has happened. It's been happily working with a GTX770 and a R9 290x for ages. The mixed GPU didn't seem to be a problem. Have they released a new version of the software that I need to upgrade to? Any suggestion? I want to get back to it as I'm losing ground in the team! Probably been off for about a month by now. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Just remember I'm a computer noob!
    Cheers.
    Pete

2. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

I know there have been issues with Windows 10, but I'm still on Win7 (and WinXP :D, and Linux of course ...) so haven't been following the issues.
    The obvious first port of call, if you have not already done so, would be a simple uninstall of the client, reboot and re-install ....

Also make sure that your Folding directory has the GPUs.txt file in it - Download GPUs.txt here

3. DocJonz

4. ArthurBuse

ArthurBuse CustomBitChimps member

My computer has also stopped folding. I am using Linux Mint17.1 . When I reboot, log,txt is written to, then the Web Control says no instance is running. I will try re-installing FAH. Last unit completed 9-9-2015.

5. Petaflops

Petaflops Minimodder

GOOD NEWS. As if by magic it all came back again without me doing anything, and we are rocking along now. Also just fitted my 2 new Radeon R9 290X's to my 28" Asus 4K screen and we are making much more headway now. If only my wife would let me fold during the night! "It's too noisy" she says. Doesn't she know this is science! and a competition as well. :rolleyes:
    Pete

6. DocJonz

How weird - still, at least you are up and running again :thumb:
    Is there not another location for the machine that would mean it doesn't matter if it's noisy? I've got several spots around the house for mine :D

7. Petaflops

Petaflops Minimodder

Unfortunately this is my main PC in the study which is next to the bedroom. I wouldn't want this machine anywhere else as I use it for everything. I might try and build a new machine and move the 2 290X's across to it and then find somewhere else for it. Pete