1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Folding@home XP 64 Tutorial?

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by denis6902, 29 Apr 2009.

1. denis6902

denis6902 deathbox

Has anyone got a smartie link to set Folding@home on XP64 as a service? Having troubles here

I am also having some troubles on my pc vista64. smp client seems to blue screen the pc a lot, i mean it. RMA the ddr3 or is it a common problem? I doubt though

PS- smp client on vista is set correctly, not as a service and only -smp and -verbosity 9 as additional flags.

If someone can help put it would be just lovely!

2. uncle_fungus

uncle_fungus P/T Folding@home developer

3. cgcox1

cgcox1 Obessed Folder! Me? Surely not!

I never found setting up folding on a x64 machine any different to on a x86 machine.

As regards to setting up the smp client as a service i never got it to work, or should i say i could get it to start but when ever i rebooted the machine i had lost the work. Evenually i just stuck the console exe in the startup menu.

I always found the single core clients and gpu tray client started up nicely though.

4. denis6902

denis6902 deathbox

Dont know why it is not happening for me, but i am installing it to ran as a service under a Limited account but the settings were given with my administrator password.