1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanity Giveaway #1: FEEDBACK THREAD

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by aquatuning, 14 May 2010.

1. aquatuning

aquatuning What's a Dremel?

Insanity Giveaway #1: YOUR FEEDBACK

Ok so if you have missed the Insanity Giveaway #1 you must be living under a rock :p

This thread is dedicated to your comments on the competition and product feedback from the winners.

In general I would like to know what you thought of the Comp, prizes and how it was run

from the winners I would like your direct feedback on the Phobya products:

Do you like them?
    Would you buy them?
    What would you change?
    Do you like the quality?

and if possible a picture of it in use.

Please bare in mind this was our first comp on the forums so hold of on trying to burn me at the stake for a little while atleast :thumb:

We will use your feedback to make giveawy #2 even bigger and even better!!

Kylevdm likes this.
  2. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Ok here goes on my thoughts of how the competition was run.

Good Points

I like the idea of first come first served ( I know people missed this because they were working but no matter what time the comp was announced people would miss it).

I liked the idea of several choices of prizes (colourwise)

Fifty prizes was brilliant.

Bad Points (constructive I hope)

I didnt like the idea of making rules then allowing people to avoid them. I think if you make rules for part 2 then you have to meet all criteria at the time of entering.
    If you would like to reward loyal Bit Techers then I would make the minimum requirement of at least 75 posts or at least have been a member for minimum of three months.
    Once all prizes were gone then the thread should have been updated, it would have saved over a hundred void posts.
    From the time of announcing the winners to actually getting the details was a little long to wait.
    Be a little more detailed in what the prize is, I never thought for a minute that it was anything other than a fan and some braided cables but others are a little more easily confused (like the dude that thought he had one a watercooling package.

Also maybe make the next one more of a competition than a luckdip (maybe put a small Bit Tech symbol in one of your products on the aquatuning website and make the winners find it)

All in all I though it was a decent first competion for you guys and a great introduction to the Bit Tech forums. I look forward to recieving the prize and will give feedback on the product as well.

If you need any help with anything for part 2 and of course part 3 then I am offering my services. Anything I can help with just let me know and if you dont need any help I wont be offended. :D

3. Matticus

Matticus ...

I agree that the post count should have been a lot higher or a minimum amount of months on the forums. I know it seems elitist, but if you are going to run a competition on a certain forum it should be for those forum members.

I didn't mind the first come first served as it make it easier for you guys to pick the winners, but it also meant that I lost out. I wouldn't mind the next one being an open thread for a few days, then randomly selecting the winners. To make it easier you could see the last post's number and just do random numbers within that and see who had that post rather than having to randomly chose a person by their forum name.

Edit: Would it be any easier to have a competition area hidden until you log in and have enough posts, like the for sale areas. This would keep a lot of people from posting, and then going off to get x amount of posts.

4. zpikez

zpikez mod-pirate

this is a giveaway not a competition, hence the first 50 following the rules being chosen and not 50 random over so many days.

5. Matticus

Matticus ...

This is a feedback thread, hence my feedback.

6. aquatuning

Thanks for your feedback :)

The reason the rules were fairly "soft" this time was that we were aiming not only to reward the regular Bit-tech readers but attract new ones to the community.

We also did this strategy using fairly low value prizes - as the prize value increases so will the criteria needed to enter so that the long term members get rewarded correctly.

The points you followed up with about updating the post would make common sence to most but by leaving the thread to take its course the exposure was increased making our return greater ;)

Plus from a practical point of view i actually run this thread in my time - which i dont have alot of :eeek:

Giveaway #2 will include harder rules, better prizes and a new way of entering ;)

See above.

But your feedback is great guys - Thanks :naughty:

matt... likes this.
  7. Kylevdm

Kylevdm The Mod Zoo Podcast Host

And this is ultimately what this forum is about :D

Now for some feedback!

The braiding is of reasonable quality - it is not mdpc-x by any call of the imagination - but for a manufactured sleeved extension it is not all that bad. You can see through the sleeving as you can with most non-PET sleeving, however, the problem is not helped by the fact that there is about 10mm too much sleeving on the cables. This leads the sleeving not being tightly woven instead it is loose and therefore, you can see through it! This is more of a problem for the 8 pin than the 3 pin. However, these problems do not exist with the sleeving on the fan. This is due to it being the correct length and also the cables are a silvery colour rather than the red, black and yellow of the other two cables.

The Fan is good quality with a clear frame and red blades, the blades are translucent too - they are pretty damn cool!

I will update you again on the product when I am fit enough to move my Cosmos S.... (I have been off school for the last 3 weeks :-/)

As for the Giveaway, it does not matter how many people you have running it, how many people win prizes, how many rules there are. People will still complain! Pascal you did a great job for a first competition on a forum so congrats! +reps! I would say do not run all competitions for just B-T members you are running a business and ultimately you need to get custom, yes do give loyal B-Ters a good competition every now and then but also give everyone else in the world a chance to experience B-T!

matt... likes this.
  8. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

My feedback is I wish I won.

9. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

My feedback is that i was 41st in line (counted twice) and posted by the rules, and still didn't win... it seemed to just be random selection.

10. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Did you have the signature and made sure you linked it correctly?

11. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Yes like i said i posted by the rules, but it dont matter, its over with, i was just giving my feed back.

12. aquatuning

Checked quickly and you seem to be 55th which is why you were not selected.

Better luck on giveaway 2

13. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

+1 to all feedback already stated in above posts.

Its a nice gift to the community, and also a great way of making yourself known in a pretty harsh market, so good work guys.

Last edited: 17 May 2010
  14. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

I am very pleased with both the fan and the cables although I would prefer a black braiding to the fan rather than white. Some pictures for you all just now, will post more when i fit them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. aquatuning

Nice pics there :)

FYI the clear cased fans come with white braid and the black come with black :)

16. ZthDimension

ZthDimension Zth

In terms of the rules, I think it was slightly confusing with slightly different rules, I found out about the give-away from the news section and quickly read through it, and followed the link to where it said I need to make the post, read a couple lines which were the same as the ones on the news section, assumed it was the same content, made my post, then got a PM a couple mins later telling me I had to have 20 posts.

The 20 posts rule is on the forum post but not the news post, its my fault though I should have a read the post fully in the forum post instead of rushing to make sure I got one!!!

17. Iorek

Iorek What's a Dremel?

I ran headlong into that one too, the 20 posts wasn't on the news article (which I saw, linked from the Twitter) but it was in the forum post, I didn't spot this first off myself either.

18. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

I think that if as I suspect your goal was to increase the amount of people using this forum and talking about your products then it was a bit of a success. All those posts, constant updates from nitrix, good little first time prizes. good timing aswell with the I series stand coming up.

I'm lucky that I won, but even so I was happy with the rules, and 20 posts to a new user is a lot.

Or those old school users it seems that your prayers have been answered with the next comp, can't wait to see what he prizes are. Only 62 posts to go.

With the free delivery I will be ordering from aqua and knowing nitrix is around to answer questions I think I will be water cooling this year. And hopefully start modding next.

Expect another post once my kit arrives. Big reps to aqua tuning. And to nitrix for being the face of it.

19. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Is that all you got? Two cables and a fan?

20. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

No I also got 2 gtx 480 full cover waterblocks, a heatkiller CPU block as well as a Hailea chiller and a Laing D5 as well as all the bits and pieces to connect it all up. I didn't post pictures as I didn't want the non winners to go green with envy.