1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming South Park: The Stick of Truth Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 12 Mar 2014.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

Let's face it, it's a good game. A really good game..

3. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

I've been waiting for a review of this, and i'm relieved it turned out so well. Good work Matt & Trey for not just shoveling it out the door for a quick buck, but taking the time to please the fans. Oh and well done obsidian !

4. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

From the last paragraph:
    'It's also relatively brief for an RPG, with a play-through unlikely to clock in below 20 hours.'

This is a contradiction, I think you meant that it is unlikely to clock in over 20 hours.

5. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Looks like ill be getting this shortly once price has dropped a bit. Big south park fan glad this has turned out to be really good.

6. ADJB

ADJB What's a Dremel?

I've been playing this for a few days now and it is without doubt one of the funniest games I have ever played. Nothing is sacred and it's all the better for that. Something that wasn't mentioned in the review was just how good the graphics are. Not your uber realistic mega polygon count stuff but an exact replica of the TV show and as such very realistic. Everything and everybody looks just as you would expect. It's a top notch game but beware - the 18 sticker is there for a reason and a damn good reason it is as well. NOT for kids.

7. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

This looks excellent. To the never ending and ever increasing list of games to play with you!

8. grimerking

grimerking Minimodder

9. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

This game is so funny! Chin balls anyone? Lmao!

10. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Can't wait to get this :)

11. gosh

gosh Minimodder

curious if reviewers found any technical issues, as they have been a large feature in other sites reviews

12. AlienwareAndy

Just had it crash after I died and hit continue.. Typical Obsidian but tbh? I can forgive them because the game is just so awesome..

Must say I'm not getting any tearing now so it seems Vsync is working :)

13. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

The only game to ever make me laugh out loud was Monkey Island on the Amiga, and it was that game that got me into computing in the first place, looking forward to this one.

14. RickLane

RickLane Staff Lover of bit-tech

Personally I didn't encounter any technical issues, though I think a few other reviewers may have.

15. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

I've not encountered any technical issues or bugs in over 9 hours play according to Steam.

16. AlienwareAndy

I think there are more issues with the console versions than the PC version tbh.

I played this more last night and I have to say, I absolutely love it. The attention and thought that have been put into this are just on an epic scale. I even saw Skuzzlebutt ffs.

I've watched every single episode of South Park all the way up to the end of Season 16. I used to watch it all day, every day. Obsessive I know, but such is my autistic nature. And you can tell that Matt and Trey have seen this as a labour of love and not just another paycheck.

I've seen so many movie/TV show cash ins over the years. Even the original South Park game on the N64 was just basically Turok with the South Park characters with a load of crap weapons.

But this is a ground up and you can tell. Amazing stuff..

A note for those saying they'll wait for it to become cheap or what not - you are robbing yourselves. Seriously, drop anything else, buy this game and enjoy it.

17. exceededgoku

exceededgoku What's a Dremel?

Yeah get this game if you can, it's soo much fun and the RPG element works really well!

Side quests and storylines are hilarious.

18. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Saw quite a few people play it over the weekend, looked pretty funny, the RPG elements didn't look like anything special. Might pick it up at some point but probably not, might watch someone play through it though.

19. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Morally bankrupt nonsense! Anyone playing this game should be ashamed of themselves!

!

20. StoneyMahoney

StoneyMahoney What's a Dremel?

@Shirty - damn straight, that's a major part of the fun! The day has come when a new South Park game is morally bankrupt instead of technically/comedically/artistically so, we shall rejoice and be glad in it!

(Spot the blasphemy)

Tags: Add Tags