1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. TheMusician

TheMusician Audio/Tech Enthusiast/Historian

Currently, i'm trying to juggle 5 AP classes and bring all of my grades quickly before the end of the quarter (in two days). It looks like i'm getting a C- in English, but at least a B- in everything else, and at least two As.

Hopefully colleges won't let the first quarter of my senior year cause them to decline me. (in the U.S., universities look at the first 3 years of high school and the first semester of senior year when determining who to admit and who to decline).

Last edited: 28 Oct 2009
  2. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I got cheated out of a consultant job because the incompetent recruiter changed jobs, said I didn't qualify for the position, and never passed on my resume to his replacement. 28+ yrs. in IT and I'm not qualified? I have more experience than he has years.

There was harsh words and finger pointing. Isn't over yet. I'm in contact with regional managers and I'm out for blood. At my salary level you don't want to make mistakes or enemies.

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

my skin has to be the shttiest ever made. I have all the issues you could probably think of and by the age of 14 I had already accepted that someday I would have skin cancer, which I truly believe I will.

I have other issues but my skin is what started them all back when I was 12-13

4. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

Women. The Source of all evil. (Of course, Men aren't good either)

5. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

I bought a refurbished XPS laptop with 2 years warranty and the company no longer exists... It worked for 14 hours. I'm now £720 down the pan, and Paypal won't do a thing to remedy it (though the seller still has a standing account :/), I'm now jobless and have no way of making the money back (Luckily I'm still at college so I don't pay for lessons)

My ex dumped me for someone that looks just like me, and the only other lass I'd even be slightly interested in has a kid on the way

The arthritis is taking hold really badly because winter's on the way, and co-codamol doesn't work anymore

6. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

Ruptured appendix a few months back followed by my gall bladder deciding to kick the bucket last week. Very few times have I hit a ten on the pain scale.

7. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

The folding @ home project and in conjunction with it, my next big build/ mod. I'm starting it some time in the next couple of weeks (gathering parts & materials at the moment) and hope to have it all done in about 4 months depending on how much free time I actually get to work on it. When completed, it will be one of the most elaborate mods I have created and also one of the fastest PCs, even though it's going to be a dedicated FaH machine.

The other thing that is going to determine how much free time I get to work on that project is my degree. 3 years in and things are hotting up. I have a lot of work to do before my Janurary exams and pretty much need to stay in the top 5% of my class to make it to the placement I want and need next year. That's if anyone is actually hiring this year :rolleyes:

So the short answer is: Work, Mods and University :)

EDIT: this'll teach me to go on the forums before my eyes have woken up properly. I thought the thread was entitled "What's running your life at the moment?". I retract the above post now knowing what the thread is about :duh:

Last edited: 28 Oct 2009
  8. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

School, piss poor pay at my job, and my car

And women but when aren't they a problem :rolleyes:

9. Chazman89

Chazman89 What's a Dremel?

Re-taking my second year of uni, 3 assignments due in and an inclass test next week.
    Not being able to sleep before 4am.
    And RSI of the wrist :naughty:

10. klutch4891

klutch4891 What's a Dremel?

Failing Calculus even though I've already taken it; and being stuck at a community college in Texas while all my friends back in Florida go to big name Uni's.

11. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

The fact that high school exists after you've been accepted to college.

12. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

Haven't had a job in over two months:thumb:

13. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Dare I say, no L4D2 demo.

:D Money issues besides that ;)

14. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Work; long hours for fairly crap pay.

15. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

My car, its leaking water into the passenger compartment on the drivers side, The seals have been checked and theres nothing wrong with them Grrrrrr really cant explain the swimming pool in the rear footwell :sigh:

and to top it off it needs discs and pads, front and rear. kerching :wallbash:

16. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

Air in the hot water system. It makes the pump noisy, and I have no idea how to get it out.

17. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Usaul work marlarky. Had a bout of random vomitting earlier this week. My 360 RROD again.

Aside from that everything else is actually going pretty well. :D

18. Lucy2005

Lucy2005 What's a Dremel?

working in a factory with more polish and slovakians than us english :rolleyes: who by the way get a full friggin month off over christmas n i cant get 1 single day off to spend with the kids :waah: only get christmas day and boxing day off! all for minimum wage, i have to work bank holidays and any overtime i do is minimum wage as well... oh i do get a crimbo bonus tho, wait for it... dun dun duuunnnnnnnnn £17! and im taxed on it lol, oh and theres no prospects to move my way up as my supervisor is younger than me and theres already someone that will get there job b4 i do. I wish i done better at school :cry:

19. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

.... Erm... never mind. *mentally walks away*

Things will get better. Something better always comes up. Out of interest what sort of factory do you work in?

20. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Just need to move, then the quality of my life will improve by an unprecedented amount.