1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Damn Cats!

Discussion in 'General' started by Modsbywoz, 21 Jul 2013.

1. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Right,

I've had just about enough of our neighbors cats. They all seem to do their business on my front drive and they like to use the bonnet of my car as a scratch post.

Does anyone know of a way of keeping them off my front drive and car? I just want them to stay away from my car.

My biggest issue is I have no power outlet, if it really works then i can organize one to be installed, but i'd rather not if possible.

Any help REALLY appreciated.

2. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Ultrasonic cat scarer. Last one I picked up from Amazon. Personally I've only used them for very short range cat scaring (A door within a covered alcove) but work great. Runs of batteries.

This is what I have currently. I have it bolted to the wall so no bugger can nick this one. Means I'll have to unbolt it to change the battery but butter than having the cats wee and poop on the door mat!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PestBye-Bat...qid=1374445961&sr=8-1&keywords=ultrasonic+cat

3. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Lion poo ironically

Jehla likes this.
  4. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

i've ordered a battery powered ultrasonic scarer. There is an ideal place i can put it so will give it a go. I've read up about Lion poo, it can also have the opposite effect.

5. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Its just annoying the every time i look at my car there's another bloody scratch from a cat on it. With it being dark grey, it shows up quite badly too.

6. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Get a dog :D We used to have cats crapping in our garden but now that we got a dog, no more cat poo :) Obviously we didnt get the dog just for that, but it sure is nice not to have cat poo everywhere anymore ;)

7. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I hear citrus works well, but yet to test it.

8. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

You have dog poo instead, much better! :p

9. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

I think you'll find it's lion piss that you use... Cats will always shy away from predators larger than them and piss is one way to do it. I also got rid of foxes that were shitting in my garden by peeing in the areas they were visiting. As soon as they smelled me they stopped coming back.

Having had several partial wild cats (don't worry, none were outside pets) all I can say is that there isn't much you can do about it. There are products such as Get Off ! but sadly they don't work very well and when a cat decides he wants to defecate somewhere he will do so as part of his territory.

This is down to cat owners more than anything else. No one lets their dog roam the streets pissing and shitting where it chooses so the same should hold true for cats.

As much as this has angered me in the past there isn't really much you can do about it, especially with a car. At one point I had my two bengal girls down with me in West Sussex and neither of them went out. However, I had pet screens in my house to stop them getting out and something obviously picked up their scent and figured it would be a good idea to continually **** in my front garden until all I could smell during the summer was cat ****.

Don't get me wrong I am a cat lover and animal lover but at times if I could have gotten my hands on the perpetrator (or its owner) I would have wrung it's ferking neck.

I don't understand why people take on animals but only want to take on the feeding as their responsibility. This has always perplexed me completely. There are numerous reasons why I refuse to let cats out. Most importantly is the fact that they won't go far any way. They don't "Like to wander" as people may think and this is why they have targeted your car.

Try and find out who owns them and have a word with them. If not then complain to the environmental part of your council as cat **** carries all sorts of nasty diseases.

10. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

Doesn't work. One of my cats decided once that it liked chewing the corners of my coffee table. Which wasn't cool given she had a set of serious fangs.

I tried pepper, citrus.. Nothing will stop a determined cat.

11. Valo

Valo Minimodder

I have an untested theory that you might need to act like a cat and assert your territory

I have heard that urination is one of the ways...

12. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Dog

Failing that... Crossbow

IIRC there are some plants that deter cats... I can't recall what they're called... will look it up for you...

13. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

Double-sticky tape on where they scratch.

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

15. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

She does one in the morning at the bottom of the garden (as requested by yours truely), and one in the afternoon when I take her for her walk, again, when asked to, by yours truely :rock:

16. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Don't think double-sticky taping the roof of my car would be a great idea.

17. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Plug in sonic ear blaster

Or get a Cocker Spaniel. Not seen a cat since we moved in. Including ours. Perfect.

18. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Another pet is out of the question. As well as them doing their business, I'm allergic to cat/dog hair.

I'm thinking shotgun cartridges with a lazer trip ( blanks of course ). I basically want them to think that stepping anywhere near my house is going to cost them one of their 9 lives without actually doing any harm.

19. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Lay down chicken wire flat, total garden coverage, then hook it up to a electric fence generator. You'll be fine with shoes on, the cats on the other hand... ZAP!

Cruel and overkill, maybe...

20. Xir

Xir Modder

Overkill yes, just the chickenwire will do, no electricity needed.
    Chicken wire under your car also keeps ferrets away from ignitioncables/coolant Hoses, they just don't like to step on it.