1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Company of Heroes 2 pulled from shelves in Russia

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 6 Aug 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Tynecider

Tynecider Since ZX81

Chuckle, The US media are doing their best to demonize Russia right now, Not really surprised by this.

3. konstantine

konstantine What's a Dremel?

For reasons that most people don't understand, the US media, press, entertainment (including Jewllywood) just don't like Russians, Ukrainians and Germans. I guess that's not something that's gonna change that easily until the European people of the United States take over their country and kick out those Khazar crypto Yahuds who own and run pretty much everything in that country back to Central Asia where they come from (Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan).

4. Bede

Bede Minimodder

What is this retardation? **** off back to whatever institution just let you out on day release.

5. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Isn't it fairly historically accurate though? I'm sure they did huge amounts of research and lets be honest, every nation committed some form of war crime during WW2.

6. Meanmotion

I think it's more the idea that it's an American made game and that there was no acknowledgement of atrocities by the US in the first game.

7. rpsgc

rpsgc Minimodder

So, basically the truth?

8. John_T

John_T Minimodder

Given that Sega is a Japanese company, and given Japan's record during WWII, I'm sure they will take the depicting of a nation's atrocities seriously. Airbrushed history here we come...

9. John_T

John_T Minimodder

Substitute your bile and hatred against Jews for 'blacks', 'gays' or anyone else and I'm pretty sure you'd be banned. Yet you seem to spam every thread you come on against Jews and get away with it. Seems you picked the right group to pick on...

10. Pinguu

Pinguu Noot Noot!

So for a guy who hasn't played CoH2 yet... what exactly has caused all this offence?

11. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

I don't see why you people try to discourage konstantine from voicing his opinion?

It is the best entertainment available around here!

You can't make this stuff up! (See what I did there...)

12. Meanmotion

You play as the Russians but instead of just making it colder and giving you different weapons they decided to depict the Russians as ruthless and mean. Troops are shot for retreating and several missions involve your troops being killed by their own side or left to be killed. All the while the story is told via cutscenes showing your character who has been imprisoned for standing up to these harsh tactics.

It's all based on stuff that actually happened but it's a bit heavy handed and feels particularly awkward given there was no acknowledgement of the sacrifices made by the allied side in the first game. Also, it doesn't half make the game grim and depressing.

13. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Portrays soviet soldiers being send to fight without weapons...
    Implements a very harsh Order 227 game model...
    Includes several stereotypes...

From what I read.

14. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I think they should pull it from sale just for being ****. I was a huge fan of relic and the original COH so this pile of dog poo is very disappointing.

The story and the themes of COH2 might be historically 'based' but they are clearly not a documentary style re-telling and maybe the tale of caution here is to remember that this is a game and not a history lesson.

Some of the review for COH2 hit the nail on the head when they say that the harsh depiction does little to make you feel for any of the characters in the story, when many consider the Russian army of the time the barely the lesser of the two evils.

15. Acanuck

Acanuck What's a Dremel?

Good article, but the opening title should read "A distributor has hit the brakes."

16. Meanmotion

Good spot, thanks.

Tags: Add Tags