1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Ordering from Sidewinder USofA to the UK?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tynecider, 21 Aug 2013.

1. Tynecider

Tynecider Since ZX81

Anyone here in the UK ordered from Sidewinder Computers stateside?

Customs ok?

Shipping ok?

Any problems?

Feedback?

Cheers!

2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I order from Frozen CPU on an occasional basis. Every order where the item value has been over £15 has been charged 20% import VAT and an additional fee of £8-12 has been payable to the UK shipper. A few years ago it used to be about 10% of items that were picked up by Customs and charged.

US Suppliers tend to charge massive amount for shipping and insurance on items over a certain value as they're used to being ripped off by overseas customers claiming that the package never arrived (usually when they find out that import charges are due).

Assuming no charges due then it can takes as little as 4 days and up to 2 weeks for it to arrive.

I had a problem with 1 order where due to mistake in their stock they sent me the wrong items. Once I contacted FrozenCPU they immediately agreed to send the correct items (plus a few extra) and told me to keep what they'd sent.

Interestingly FrozenCPU seem to have a bad/iffy rep in another forum but I've nothing but praise for them. Sidewinders seem to have a good reputation all round.