1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BFBC2 Server Fix on the way?

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by MiNiMaL_FuSS, 13 Jul 2011.

1. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Okay so this is a known issue and I know that Rogan has acknowledged it already which is great, and I must first say it's really good to have a point of contact and be trusted with the server as we are by the staff.

So please take this question in the friendly spirit it is intended, I'm just wondering whether there's anything in the works to improve the server or whether we'll simply be holding off until BF3 comes out?

There have been a few mild issues around lag and the odd crash for a while now, but the problems are definitely getting a lot worse and the lag a lot more pronounced - which suggests perhaps a server wipe or reset might help a fair bit on it's own?

I was in the server less than an hour ago, it was completely full, a good advertisement for the community, and as ever there were a lot of people saying it was a friendly server. Unfortunately the whole thing went down and crashed everyone, and not a single sole came back (save me).

I believe that Rogan has mentioned the possibility of a provider change before - which would be lovely.

It's a free server and a great service you guys provide to us and I'm sure we're all very grateful for it and by no means complaining about the service as a whole. It's more a case of making you aware there's some problems and hopefully communicating the situation a little better.

Thoughts?

Last edited: 13 Jul 2011
  2. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Agreed. It may take a bit of time as Rogan and "the other guy" (i can never remember his name) are very busy as you can imagine.
    If it was my decision i would hold out till BF3 and get a new server which we can all donate towards. I know there are plenty of guys on this forum who would, including myself.

With only three months till BF3, is it really worth changing providers?

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

switching server between games is a straight forward matter, with BF3 also using Frostbite engine, pretty sure whenever the provider change happens (if it's on the table) it should not matter.

the server crash happen on a not so regular case, but I think it only happens when the server is full, so I would persist it's the server (provider or server exe) rather than the any plugin. To build up popularity and enable mixed game mode, I think we must rely on plugins to manage two playlists (one for low population and one for high population) to ensure people playing on it have fun.

hopefully the change to killercreation will happen, I have managed BFBC2 server on 3 different occasions all using procon and all of which are on KC, and it rarely crashed or lagged, so I personally prefer KC more than multiplay.