1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Logitech new G series mice - anyone getting one?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by phinix, 22 May 2013.

1. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

I'm waiting for G500s, but apart of Amazon, none of the shops got it in stock:(

Are you guys waiting for them as well?

What model are you getting?

2. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

no one?

3. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

Very few people here use mice... mostly xbox controllers.

I'm kidding.

http://communityvoices.post-gazette.../36541-logitech-g-review-g500s-g510s-and-g230

G500s looks nice. 10 buttons? For me the number of buttons is important. My G9x I assign the various buttons to functions on BF3... The 2 side buttons are set to "go prone" and "stab". Much easier than reaching for a key.

I like the look of the 500s.

4. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

So they have anti sweat coatings and some spiffy sensor?

5. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

Are any consumer mice utilizing the spiffy sensor?

6. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

You can find a list of perfect sensors on the market today (that map mouse movements to onscreen movements exactly 1:1). Most consumer mice suffer from some amount (perhaps tiny) of unwanted acceleration (almost all laser mice), angle snapping or other tracking issues that competitive gamers hate.

Frankly, the spiffy sensor isn't something I'd be too interested in as it can't get better than perfect, a status which multiple consumer mice have already achieved.

Said list of mice includes some versions of the Deathadder, most Zowie mice, some versions of the G400, and various others.

7. mikeyandrewb

mikeyandrewb What's a Dremel?

The only thing that puts me off the Logitech G500 is the hyper-scroll feature. I like a more ratchety scroll wheel that I can easily swap weapons with and stuff. But if anyone has experience with the old one, what's it like?

8. OversizeZantos

OversizeZantos What's a Dremel?

I had one for just over a year, and the wheel is awesome on the g500, little toggle switch underneath to change from ratchet scroll to freewheel (very well balanced free wheel too), and the wheel tilted left and right.

Have since changed to a rat 7 mmo, and although for my needs is superior in nearly every way (massive hands and is adjustable, more sensitive and many more buttons (and I do use them all in most games)) I really really miss the wheel from the g500 as for normal windows use made everything so much easier

9. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

That free wheel is the only thing why I'm after this instead of G400s. At this moment I have MX518 and G400s was going to replace it. But when saw G500s I thought it just an extra button and this wheel, so why not.
    Amazon has it so far, waiting for Scan or OCUK to grab one. £58 at the moment...

10. mikeyandrewb

In which case... What's the difference between the new G500 and the old one? Cos' they look identical. Is it just a flashy new sensor with 1,000,000,000 dpi settings?

11. Cozmo87

Cozmo87 "huh hurmm!!!"

i got g9x very good but would like a biger mid wheel

12. mikeyandrewb

Well lots of people say the G9x is a nice mouse, but that wheel does look a little out of place on the larger body... What does the scroll feel like? Ratchety or smooth?