1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTPC WIRELESS HEADPHONES ANY SUGGESTIONS

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dave454, 4 Oct 2010.

1. dave454

dave454 What's a Dremel?

hello im new to the forum and was just wondering if anyone uses wireless headphones with a htpc setup i already have a set of wireless headphones (£30 and 7 years old now) but i am looking to upgrade them so i can have it as loud as i want without upsetting neighbours family etc. was looking at aroung the 80-130 pound budget for them, if anyone has any suggestions for me that would be good. cheers

2. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Heres a suggestion. Don't make a thread title in caps.

3. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

Might wanna take a look at Sennheiser RS-140.

4. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Ph4ZeD - Too fast!

Sennheiser RS Series. Pick your price and buy!

Last edited: 4 Oct 2010
  5. dave454

dave454 What's a Dremel?

ph4zed thanks for that your help is really appreciated, cheers guys ill check the sennheisers out.

6. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I wouldn't, they're getting on a bit now and the wireless technology is outdated. The newer RS 170's will be a lot better (I own a pair myself, I like them a lot).

7. dave454

dave454 What's a Dremel?

they look good what it is the sound like bass etc and is there any signal noise atall?

8. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Since they use a digital wireless technology instead of radio frequencies there is zero interference at all, even if I move away from the transmitter. Bass is pretty good as is, and they have a bass boost function as well as a surround function, which is most useful in games.

9. dave454

dave454 What's a Dremel?

cheers mate i have been looking at the sennheiser and they do look the part so they look like a gud purchase, there isnt many alternatives though ive been finding it hard to find any on the net apart from the sennheiser's

10. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

Yeah, RS-170 was first to spring to my mind too, but quick search showed they retail around 215€ around here atm so I thought they're somewhat out of the given budget range of 80-130£. Not sure if you guys can buy audio gear cheaper though.

Edit:/ just checked out the newegg link, very nice price. Finland is stupidly expensive country:(

TBH, I'd steer clear of any sort of wireless headphones, but that's just me. AKG K601 are the cans of my choice:rock: