1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Ebay!"@£$!@@$@£

Discussion in 'General' started by noizdaemon666, 27 May 2014.

1. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

So after 10 years of being an honest eBay member they decide to shaft me.

The other half bought a refurb DS for our 4 year old son near the beginning of May. It should have turned up weeks ago but didn't. We wanted it before we went on holiday last week. Nope, son disappointed. Still not here by the time we get back. So I contact the seller and a case automatically opens.

Some messaging later he turns with tracking info (why the hell wasn't this available from the outset!?) which "proves" it's been delivered. All it says is that it has been delivered somewhere and the signature looks like my 4 year old did it, it 100% wasn't my signature. It looked like someone had heard my last name and attempted to spell it.

Back in contact with seller stating it didn't say where it was delivered and that it wasn't my signature. Case gets escalated to customer support.

Then comes this morning and the email saying a decision has been made.
    plus a line saying no refund.

Wait, wut?

Did they not read the messages I sent the seller saying it didn't show where it was delivered and that it wasn't my signature?

I can't believe they sided with a seller who's only been a member for 6 months over a buyer who's been a member for 10 years. Nor do I understand why tracking info wasn't available from the start. If it had I could have kept tabs where the parcel was and immediately messaged the seller when it was "delivered".

As it stands I'm £35 out of pocket (which is a lot when you have no spare money) and without a DS. Stupid ****ing eBay. They're getting a phone call as soon as they open.

/rant

Thanks for reading :)

2. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

That is why with anything I purchase on Ebay (very rarely), I charge to my credit card so that in the offchance I get shafted like this I can just dispute payment.

3. RTT

RTT #parp

Re-open a case and keep hounding them (and if all else fails, as DLD said, if you paid by CC get onto your CC company)

4. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

If they have provided a tracking number that would be in the Royal Mail/Courier system. Pop the tracking number into track and trace and see what it throws up. If nothing good contact RM support and see what they say, if you explain the situation and that you are the recipient of a package that has apparently been signed for, but hasn't arrived they may help.
    If they can then ask for the information in writing, forward to the bay and escalate again.

The trouble is from eBay point of view that if there is a tracking number and a signature, that does suggest it has been sent and delivered by the vendor. It doesn't prove however that it was sent to you. Good luck.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

5. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

I have zero faith in postal tracking, twice in about 3 months I have had a parcel delivered and the guy has said "It's needs signing for but my signature tablet is dead" but he's quite prepared to give me the parcel, the whole tracking system is pointless when that happens :rolleyes:

6. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Or if you think that someone is stealing your post open a police claim? And chuck paypal your police report number, my colleague did this, and it worked for him.

7. Sp!

Sp! Minimodder

I've had the same issue from the other side I sold a snowboard on ebay, seller claims not to have received it. Courier said it was delivered and the signature was the recipients surname spelt wrong. Courier company said it had been delivered and signed for. I think ebay just picks a side at random without actually reading the claim, so they gave the guy his money back. A quick phone call to ebay and half an hour later I had my money back too. In this case I don't know if the recipient genuinely didn't receive it or if the courier left it outside and the guy was just trying his luck either way call ebay and chances are you'll get your money back if you have any reasonable case and you get someone to actually read your emails.

8. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Our postie signs for stuff himself and leaves it in our parcel spot. Never signed for any "signed for" stuff with him. :D

Quite helpful in that if we're not there the parcel still gets delivered (although there's almost always someone in), but it'll be hell when/if anything goes wrong.

9. Sp!

Sp! Minimodder

I have this, The thing is the depot is less than 2 miles away do I have no issue in going to pick stuff up. I complained once and then had the postie having a go at me a couple of days later as he was doing me a favor...:rolleyes:

10. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I can't get over the fees for ebay/paypal. 20%! Sell £500-or-so in a month, they pocket £100 between them! The little tikes!

11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

ebay owns paypal. that's why they discourage any other payment method.

12. KID52

KID52 Minimodder

I had a similar situation with a tracked delivery item from eBay.

Tracking showed as delivered, and signature/printed name related to no one that worked in the building. Called a few local buildings it may have been delivered to but none of them claimed to have it, or anyone working there by that name.

The seller I found to be rather rude, accusing me of receiving the parcel and threatening to call the police, he also banned me from buying from him (I tried to buy a second item as I needed it in a hurry and had been waiting a week for the first one and trying to sort that out), he claimed to have a photo of the building from the courier (which never materialised).

The seller escalated the case to eBay, and they automatically found in his favour due to the tracking. A short phone call to eBay explaining the situation and they quickly refunded the money to me on the spot. I then purchased from another seller and the item arrived without issue.

Being a seller myself (unfortunately), I can understand how annoying it is when buyers claim items do not arrive, especially when it turns out they never receive ANY items they purchase from eBay (blatant scammer). However, the item should be sent with adequate insurance, so in the end the seller should get their money back (if they genuinely sent the item that is).

So, in short, just give eBay a ring and you'll get your money back.

I would also ask the seller to provide the receipt for posting your item as this at the very least will have your post code on. If they fail to provide this I would consider leaving negative feedback as they probably never sent the item and just gave you a different tracking number.

13. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

What was the result with this?

14. noizdaemon666

After 2 hours of phone calls they want proof my house was void of persons at the time of delivery.

15. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

what's your PayPal address ? Pm it and Ill update your account :thumb:

Reason I do this is, technology touched me by way of the chess section of hamleys when I was your boys age.

Id like your boy to have a DS and maybe some games hence Ill bump it up a bit.
    PM me and this gets fixed,

Long live Nintendo, long live the impression of intelligence and wonderment in technology.

PM me your details next few minutes,

thanks

noizdaemon666 likes this.
  16. dex2407

dex2407 What's a Dremel?

Don't know about other couriers but rm scanners will log gps coordinates when an item is scanned. If posted by rm then contact customer services they might be able to help.

17. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Most of them do at least track the delivery Vans by gps, so the courier should be able to provide some hard info if the driver was at least anywhere near the delivery address on the date in question. Of course that won't help if the delivery guy signed for it himself and left it at the front door of the next door neighbour or some similarly weird shenanigans went on.

18. noizdaemon666

I've already tried RM and they say it came to my house. However there are 3 streets with basically the same name right next to each other so it could quite easily be on another street.

I've politely declined rainbow bridge's super generous offer via PM. I can prove I wasn't in the house at the time of delivery as I was at work.

19. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Have you knocked on the doors of where it might have been delivered? I know it's your time, but if someone's honest enough or they own up or feel guilty, at least you'll have received it if it's there.

20. noizdaemon666

I haven't but then if they were going to give it back I imagine it would have already been returned as it was delivered 9th May.