1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Recommend me a claw mouse

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by seapanda, 17 Jan 2014.

1. seapanda

seapanda moobs r us

I am Dr. Claw, as clawy as claw gets.

So what I look for in a mouse is generally something that resembles me when using a computer, i.e. a distinctly compressed, hunched look. I've been trying some of the more mainstream mice without really gelling with any of them, and I've found the adjustable ones like the RAT to be a waste of time.

Recommend me one.

2. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

I claw grip and the razer deathadder works great for me, not changed for years. I grabbed a black edition for work as they are the same shape and cheap.

3. seapanda

seapanda moobs r us

I found myself wishing it was 'humpier', the front-to-centre of the mouse curve is a bit shallow for my liking, and I found myself getting index finger joint pain a bit.

4. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Do you like to jam-the-mouse-into-your-palm claw grip or just fingertip claw grip?

Something Steelseries (anything steelseries really) for the palm-fingertip style, or Zowie EC2 or AM (unless you like bulky weight then go for the EC1), Roccat Kova (lovely ambidextrousness, the Kone if you want bulkier), Logitech G9X (if it's pure fingertip and you play seizure-inducing-RTS like Starcraft), Intellimouse (dat shape).

All tried by myself (admittedly prefer a more fingertip than palm+fingertip style).

5. seapanda

seapanda moobs r us

What I found out works well for me is something like the Cooler Master Spawn for example - my hands go right over it in a crabbed grip. It's just that I'm not really in the market for a twenty quid mouse.

And you'd think the G9x would work, but the flat top profile kills my index finger for some reason. As I mentioned I seem to need something that swoops down a bit at the front.

6. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

So you want to pay for quality and that luxury feel?

In that case the Zowie EC2. Lovely high ridge at the front, one of the reasons I preferred the EC2 to many other contenders. Perfectly suits that claw grip too. Expensive enough for your tastes, but I warn you it's spartan on features. Designed for the performance seeking gamer who has no time for gimmicks, one of the few mice with true 1:1 mapping, super low lift of distance, and a great optical sensor. DPI locked to about 600, 1200 and 2400 or something similar.

Misread your posts, you actually want a swooped down front! First mouse that comes to mind is a Steelseries, something like a Sensei raw. They tend to taper off pretty low at the front (check piccies, or ask me to take pics of mine) and the build quality is just stupendous. I've tried so many mice, but none have immediately exuded that luxury solid feeling of quality as the Xai I bought back in the day. The G9X came close.

7. seapanda

seapanda moobs r us

Yeah - I like appropriate bells and whistles as much as the next guy. The CM's are a bit bereft and I'm not totally convinced of the build quality (though it's superb for the money).

I've always skirted around the Senseis since they seemed to resemble the Intellimouse too much - which I found comfortable but difficult to handle due to the fact that it tapered up too much, leading to my hand being splayed over the mouse rather than crouched as in a claw hold.

I guess finally trying one wouldn't hurt - I'm genuinely out of options, which is why I'm asking. Any other relevant suggestions appreciated.

8. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

You could try the Steelseries Rival - I have one and find it very comfortable for my claw grip, the rubber grips on the side mean it sits very steadily in a fingertip grip and has a nice low front, I also find it to be to most accurate mouse I've used.

9. seapanda

seapanda moobs r us

Can you (or anyone else) track down any side-by-sides (from the side, front and top ideally) of the Sensei and the Rival?

10. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Actually the Sensei has a much lower taper off than the intellimouse, not even close (I've used both extensively). Sounds like it would suit you well.

I had the opposite problem to you, preferring a nice ridge at the front to keep my fingers elevated. I loved the intellimouse shape, but really couldn't stand the excessive drop off first time I used the Steelseries Xai (to all intents and purposes its the same shape as the Sensei).

11. seapanda

seapanda moobs r us

OK - will try the Sensei to start with. Thanks