1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Surprise batman mod

Discussion in 'Modding' started by jamsand, 19 Jan 2015.

1. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

So a friend of mine is thinking about an upgrade and in the past he has let me use his poor little case as a guinea pig for my modding disasters (a long with a few of my own cases it's grown to quite the collection). I have a fractal R4 lying around not doing anything. So I'm going to turn it into a surprise harlequin/joker mod for his birthday.

Previously I've got bogged down in the equipment I use and how to prep things ect ect ect and just got myself in too deep so this time round we're going for super simple! I'm starting with stencil art so there is no shading required with the spray cans. Next up is the prep work. Now I know that most will say sand back to bare metal then clean wipe down dry and prime. However could I get away with just using a self etching primer? As I want to keep the black as the background colour anyway. The next question I have is how do I best stop the paint from "bleeding" out of the stencil area and is there anywhere I ca n get small cans of spray paint for like a quid each as I'll be using 7 colours but only small amounts.

Cheers guys :)