1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Bit-Gamer Competition #6

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 7 Feb 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Some people have commented on Isaac from Dead Space going from a faceless mute in the first game to a quite vocal character [with 100% more face] in the second. What are your thoughts on main characters speaking [or not]? Do you prefer characters like Gordon Freeman where they are facing down the end of the world in silence or more vocal characters like, say, Shepard from Mass Effect, or does it depend on the game?

3. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Since Portal 2's still a bit quiet, I'd like to hear you pan Breach some more!

4. Canon

Canon Reformed

Skyrim !

Last edited: 7 Feb 2011
  5. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

And doe those of you wanting a pc version of this game, you get to suck eggs :) Oh well.

6. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Star Wars: The Old Republic, you haven't done much on that game thus far. PC MMO and Star Wars geekism, definitely needs some time devoted to it methinks.

7. el_diablo_72

el_diablo_72 What's a Dremel?

Best internal voice was Garrett in the Thief series - done it that fashion it is great. I think it depends upon the game to be honest

8. Redsnake77

Redsnake77 Useless Idiot

Why does BT do so many reviews of multi format releases (that do include the PC) on a console? Are you moving away from supporting the PC as a gaming platform? Even the recent GPU reviews have had less in the way of depth, with a reduction in games comparisons, and even dropping the folding results. Why is this?

Last edited: 7 Feb 2011
  9. Glix

Glix Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

Talk about the lack of PC *AAA* exclusives. We've had some rehashes and sequels, but mostly games that are simply ports or are available on other platforms, do we have many to look forward to at all?

10. Kris

Kris Lord Lolwut

Mm I would suggest a two-part topic: your comparison/analysis of the differences between the PS3 and PC versions of DC universe online.
    The analysis part could look into the control schemes, how they differ, and which one is better for the type of game.

Second part could compare the style of controls, where developers could go from there to make MMO gaming more viable on a console etc - all this in the context of looking at MMO control "standards" as a whole :)

Hope this is not too 'vague' of an idea, and you understand what I mean in this messy post :D

11. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Little Big Planet 2

12. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Battlefield 3 :D

any joystick recommendations for casual (not flight simulators) gaming? how are Saitek's joystick configuration software?

13. Dr. Awesome

Dr. Awesome I go to 11

What about gaming setups, like the chairs/sofas/beanbags people use when gaming. Light level, sound level and all that jazz.

EDIT: How could I forget, what about the impending face-melter that should be Duke Nukem?

Last edited: 11 Feb 2011
  14. Redsnake77

Redsnake77 Useless Idiot

I have the ST290 Pro which is excellent, with WASD mapped to X,Y axis'. But they don't make it anymore. After 5 years I'm looking at getting the Saitek Cyborg F.L.Y. 5. The software is excellent, and combined with the Logitech software for my mouse I rarely have to touch the keyboard for most games once the keys are all mapped.

15. Jaffo

Jaffo What's a Dremel?

I know you journos get loads of stuff gratis but what was the last game or gaming peripheral you stumped up your own cold hard cash for? (Full price, not in a sale)

16. cjb119

cjb119 What's a Dremel?

A discussion of Next Gen Consoles would be interesting: What do you think the next gen consoles will be based on? Last time the 360 and PS3 both took for their GPU, a fairly standard PC chip. Do you think they will do the same next time? Do you think that the massive gulf in capabilities will be an issue? By that I mean that consoles can't really do 720p on most titles, whereas on a PC 1080p is 'low res'. So were not likely to see a 6900 or 580 series are we? Also looking forward there's been an obvious drop in cutting edge pc games as cross-compatability has been deemed more important, do you think PC gaming hardware will plataeu without the games driving it?

17. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Tibby and Sally Brook have just been announced as the winners of this competition - we'll have another one lined up in a short while too, so stay tuned!

18. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Going competition crazy now aren't you?

Why don't you put a couple of bit-tech t-shirts up for prizes?

Tags: Add Tags